Global Bowel Management Systems Market, By Product (Irrigation Systems, Nerve Modulation Devices, Colostomy Bags, Other Products and Accessories), Application (Adult, Pediatric), End-User (Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Home Care), and Geography (Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa)–Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Bowel Management Systems Market
The Global Bowel Management Systems Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 1.71 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 2.29 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 3.7% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the rising geriatric population over the world and prevalence of demand of bowel management system in these populations.
Market Definition: Global Bowel Management Systems Market
The bowel management system is basically a soft catheter that is introduced into the rectum to alter the watery or semi-solid stool condition and provides containment. It helps the patients who are having fecal incontinence, constipation or it can be utilized for the patients who have undergone spinal cord surgeries, and other neurological disorders. These devices are also helpful for the children who are having spina bifida, imperforate anus, colonic hypomotility.
- Rising geriatric population has increased the demand for these instruments as these population usually suffer from bowel management problems
- Constant innovations and advancements in the industry will act as a major market driver
- Patients are feeling discomfort in using the Bowel Management Devices
- Lack of trained professionals that can utilize completely these instruments is also acting as a major market restraint
- More preference of non-invasive clinical management by the patients
Segmentation: Global Bowel Management Systems Market
- By Product
- Irrigation Systems
- Nerve Modulation Devices
- Colostomy Bags
- Other Products and Accessories
- Radiofrequency devices
- Surgical implants
- Artificial anal sphincters
- Anal plugs
- Bowel management accessories( tubes, stool bags, pouches, and rectal catheters)
- Colostomy accessories
- By Application
- By End-User
- Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Home Care
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December, 2017, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) acquired C. R. Bard, Inc. The combined company is uniquely positioned for improving the treatment of disease for patients and the process of care for health care providers.
- In September, 2017, Consure Medical launched Qora, an easy and safe stool management system. This product is a novel stool management kit for fecal containment in bedridden patients. This will help in the expansion of Consure Medical’s market.
Competitive Analysis: Global Bowel Management Systems Market
The global bowel management systems market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of bowel management systems for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Bowel Management Systems Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the bowel management systems are Coloplast Ltd., Medtronic, 3M, Wellspect HealthCare, Welland Medical limited, B. Braun Melsungen AG, BD, Consure Medical, Cogentix Medical, Aquaflush Medical Limited, Axonics Modulation Technologies, ConvaTec Inc, Hollister Incorporated , MBH-International A/S, and Mederi Therapeutics Inc., Wellspect HealthCare, a Dentsply Sirona Company, Welland Medical Limited, 2012 ProSys International Ltd., Respiratory Technology Corporation.
Research Methodology: Global Bowel Management Systems Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global bowel management systems market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)