Global Brachytherapy Market By Technique (High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy, Low Dose Rate (LDR) Brachytherapy, Pulse Dose Rate, (PDR) Brachytherapy, Image Guided Brachytherapy (IGBT), Application (Prostate Cancer, Breast Cancer, Gynecological Cancer, Skin Cancer, Others), Product (Brachytherapy After Loader, Brachytherapy Applicators, Brachytherapy Software) , End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Brachytherapy Market
Global brachytherapy market is estimated to rise at a substantial CAGR of 8.7% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The imminent market report contains data for historic year 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026. The growth of the market can be attributed to the rise in government initiatives.
Market Definition: Global Brachytherapy Market
Brachytherapy is a process that involves insertion of radioactive material inside the body. This is a radiation therapy which is mainly used for treating cancerous cell inside the body. Sometimes it is called as internal radiation. It is used in treatment of different types of cancers, such as Bile Duct Cancer, Brain Cancer and Breast Cancer among others.
According to the WHO report, it was estimated that 9.6 million deaths in 2018, because of cancer. Globally, about 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer.
According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer, in 2015, more than 15.1 million people suffered from cancer while 8.7 million died due to cancer worldwide.
- Technological advancements in this field is driving the market growth
- R&D investments by market players will propel the growth of the market
- Increasing prevalence of cervical & lung cancer in developing regions and developed health care infrastructure is boosting the market growth
- Rising acceptance of minimal invasive surgeries may fuel the market in the forecast period
- Higher reimbursement in field of radiation therapy, is acting as a restraint for the market growth
- Availability of substitutes in the market can hamper the growth of the market
- Side effects of the treatment will also restrict the market in the forecast period
Segmentation: Global Brachytherapy Market
- High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
- Low Dose Rate (LDR) Brachytherapy
- Pulse Dose Rate (PDR) Brachytherapy
- Image Guided Brachytherapy (IGBT)
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gynecological Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Brachytherapy After Loader
- Brachytherapy Applicators
- Intracavitary Applicators
- Intraluminal Applicators
- Interstitial Applicators
- Intraoperative and Surface Applicators
- Brachytherapy Software
By End User
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2019, Akesis, Inc. received 510(k) clearance from U.S. Food and Drug Administration, on its product “gamma stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) system”, this product will offer efficient delivery of high-precision intracranial treatments. With, this clearance this product will assist in market development for Akesis, Inc., by providing better solution to the cancer patients
- In August 2017, Salutaris Medical Devices launched the trial of brachytherapy. It will be available for the treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration. The trial will help the surgeons to handel the SalutarisMD system (SMD-DA system) along with the anti-VEGF treatment regimen
Global brachytherapy market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of brachytherapy market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Some of the major companies functioning in global brachytherapy market are ECKERT & ZIEGLER BEBIG, ISORAY INC., Elekta AB (pub), Theragenics Corporation, BD, CIVCO MEDICAL SOLUTIONS, SUN NUCLEAR CORPORATION, iCAD, Inc., VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC., Cianna Medical, Panacea Medical Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Argon Medical., COOK, Boston Scientific Corporation, Best Vascular, Inc., CNMC Comapany Inc, MEDraysintell and Best Theratronics Ltd among others
Research Methodology: Global Brachytherapy Market
Data assemblage and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global brachytherapy market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)