Global Buccal Drug Delivery Market By Indication (Pain Management, Smoking Cessation, Angina Pectoris, Cough and Others), Type (Non-Attached Drug Delivery Systems and Bio-Adhesive Drug Delivery Systems), Design (Matrix Type and Reserviour Type), Dosage Forms (Solid Buccal Adhesive Dosage Forms, Semi-Solid Buccal Adhesive Dosage Forms, Liquid Buccal Adhesive Dosage Forms), Drugs (Oral Bioadhesive Formulation, Sublingual Formulation and Others), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Buccal Drug Delivery Market
Global Buccal drug delivery market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. High demand of buccal drug delivery for ease of drug administration and new products launches are the key factors for market growth.
Market Definition: Global Buccal Drug Delivery Market
Buccal drug delivery is alternative method of oral drug administration in which drug is delivered through buccal mucosa of oral cavity. The drug is usually placed between the upper gums and cheeks to treat various condition and disease. Additionally, buccal drug delivery is preference more compared to other conventional route of administration. The drugs delivered via buccal route are designed to provide sustained release of active ingredients.
According to the statistics published in Alcohol and Drug Foundation, it is estimated up to 37.7% of people aged 14 years and above have used tobacco in the Australia. These growing cases of nicotine consumptions where buccal drug delivery is predominant intervention and high demand of novel therapies are the key drivers for market growth.
- Increase demand of buccal drug delivery for ease of drug administration is propelling the market growth
- Growing preference of buccal drug delivery over conventional drug delivery method acts as a market driver
- Rapid adoption of newer formulations and novel dosage forms can boost the market growth
- Application of latest technologies in the health care industry can also act as a market driver
- Scientific and major technical challenges for developing the drugs to be administered via buccal will hamper the market growth
- High cost involved in research and development for novel formulation is restricting the growth of the market
- Patent expiry of major drugs and introduction of generic drugs of branded version is expected to restrict the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Buccal Drug Delivery Market
- Pain Management
- Smoking Cessation
- Angina Pectoris
- Non-Attached Drug Delivery Systems
- Bio-Adhesive Drug Delivery Systems
- Matrix Type
- Reserviour Type
By Dosage Forms
- Solid Buccal Adhesive Dosage Forms
- Buccal Tablets
- Semi-Solid Buccal Adhesive Dosage Forms
- Buccal Patches
- Buccal Films
- Liquid Buccal Adhesive Dosage Forms
- Oral Bioadhesive Formulation
- Hydrocartisone Succinate
- Sublingual Formulation
- Glycerin Trinitrate
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2019, Sandoz, a subsidiary of Novartis AG launched generic version of suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone), sublingual film for the treatment of opioid dependence. The launchof buprenorphine and naloxone has expanded the company’s generic portfolio in the therapeutic area of psychology
- In February 2016, BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc and their distributer partner Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc has launched Belbuca (buprenorphine), buccal film for the treatment of severe pain. The launch of Belbuca provides an important new alternative treatment for individuals suffering from chronic pain throughout the world
Global buccal drug delivery market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global buccal drug delivery market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global buccal drug delivery market are Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Pfizer Inc, Cynapsus, BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, MedLab, AstraZeneca, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, Sanofi, Generex Biotechnology Corp, Bayer AG, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Novartis AG, Indivior PLC, Novo Nordisk A/S, NAPP PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc and many others.
Research Methodology: Global Buccal Drug Delivery Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global buccal drug delivery market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players