Global Cannula Market By Product (Vascular Cannula, Cardiac Cannula, Arthroscopy Cannula, Dermatology Cannula, Nasal Cannula, Others), Type (Neonatal, Straight, Winged, Wing with Port, Winged with Stop Cork), Material (Plastic Cannulas, Silicone Cannulas, Metal Cannulas), End-Users (Hospitals, Cardiac Centers, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others), Application (Oxygen Therapy, Cardiovascular Surgery, General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery, Diabetes Treatment, Neurology, Others), Size (14G, 16G, 18G, 20G, 22G, 24G, 26G), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Cannula Market
The global cannula market is estimated to grow to USD 222.09 million by 2026 growing at a substantial CAGR during the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The rise in market value can be factored to the growing preference of minimally invasive surgical procedures from the patients.
Market Definition: Global Cannula Market
Cannula is a flexible hollow tube which is sharp and has a retractable inner core implanted into an artery or a vein, or other body cavity, allowing to draw the fluid or to provide medication intravenously. It is basically used for procedures like infusing medication or obtaining blood samples. The maximum usage of cannula is done in the case of cardiovascular diseases. With the advancement of technology, cannulas are being used by health care professionals as well for surgical use.
- An increase in obesity rate increasing the prevalence of various chronic diseases, majorly diabetes requiring insulin injections is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Enhancing cases of surgeries among the geriatric population improves the market growth
- Rise in the levels of expenditure incurred by the government and private sources on research & development to further the advancements and innovations in the market
- Inadequate skill and knowledge from the healthcare professionals resulting in complications in cannula insertion; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Market is suffering because in comparison to oral or injectable methods of treatment, IV therapy is costlier which is the major application of cannulas
- Most of the times the circulatory system is overloaded with excessive intravenous fluid and this hinders the growth of cannula in global market
Segmentation: Global Cannula Market
- Vascular Cannula
- Cardiac Cannula
- Arthroscopy Cannula
- Dermatology Cannula
- Nasal Cannula
- Floating Spinal Cannulas
- Vitreoretinal Cannulas
- Hysterosalpingography Cannulas
- Wing with Port
- Winged with Stop Cork
- Plastic Cannulas
- Silicone Cannulas
- Metal Cannulas
- Cardiac Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Blood Banks
- Home Healthcare Facilities
- Oxygen Therapy
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Cosmetic/Plastic Surgery
- Diabetes Treatment
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In January 2019, for the prevention of needle stick injuries, Hindustan Syringes and Medical Devices launched the next generation “Cathy Safety IV Cannula with SIP CLIP”. Government will make use of indigenous ready availability of ‘Safety Cannula’ and make it mandatory for treatment of people especially those affected with serious blood borne infections like Hepatitis and HIV.
- In September 2018, Shore Capital Partners, LLC announced its acquisition of Eagle Laboratories, which is a manufacturer and distributor of ophthalmic products, focusing on single-use cannula, micro-surgical knives, and blades. In addition to it, Eagle will be offering the latest in form/fill/seal packaging technology using proven procedures to optimize efficiency and quality throughout the process. This acquisition will drive incremental growth in both the Eagle labs business and the existing Innovia platform.
Key Market Competitors: Global Cannula Market
Companies dealing with the usage or manufacturing of this product in the global cannula market are Medtronic, Edward Lifescience Corporation, La-med Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Terumo Corporation, GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY, Boston Scientific Corporation, DePuy Synthes, Denex International, LivaNova PLC, Smith & Nephew, MRK Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., BVI, Harsoria Healthcare Private Limited, CONMED Corporation, Smiths Medical, Inc., Teleflex Incorporated, ILIFE MEDICAL DEVICES PRIVATE LIMITED and Global Medikit Limited among others.
Research Methodology: Global Cannula Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global cannula market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)