Global Carbon Fiber Prepreg Market By Manufacturing Process (Solvent Dip Process, Hot Melt Process), Resin Type (Phenolic Resin, Bismaleimide Resin, Epoxy Resin, Thermoplastic Resin, Polyimide Resin, Others), End-Use Industry (Wind Energy, Sports & Recreation, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Carbon Fiber Prepreg Market
Global Carbon Fiber Prepreg Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 6.22 billion in 2018 to a projected value of USD 14.04 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 10.71% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to growth in demand of the product from the various end-users.
Market Definition: Global Carbon Fiber Prepreg Market
Carbon fiber prepreg are pre-impregnated carbon composite fiber that does not require any addition of resins before their usage as they are already equipped with the appropriate resin/curing agent in their structure in the form of polymer matrix. This results in quicker application time as the products are ready for use without the need for resin application, although the curing stage is still required where the resins are cured with the help of pressure and heat.
- Growth in the number of aircrafts being manufactured; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Innovations in technology leading to advanced levels of product offerings; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Lack of usage of the product in difficult and high-temperature circumstances; this factor is expected to restrain the market growth
- High cost in the formulation of the product is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Carbon Fiber Prepreg Market
- By Manufacturing Process
- Solvent Dip Process
- Hot Melt Process
- By Resin Type
- Phenolic Resin
- Bismaleimide Resin
- Epoxy Resin
- Thermoplastic Resin
- Polyimide Resin
- By End-Use Industry
- Wind Energy
- Sports & Recreation
- Aerospace & Defense
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2019, TEIJIN LIMITED announced that they had agreed to acquire Renegade Materials Corporation, a leader in supplying heat-resistant thermoset prepreg for the aerospace industry. Renegade will become a subsidiary of TEIJIN LIMITED with this acquisition and will enhance their capabilities associated with prepregs.
- In November 2018, Airtech Advanced Materials Group announced the launch of “LTC3” series of Carbon Prepregs. The models available in the series offer requirement of a lower temperature during the curing stage as well as higher resistance against higher temperatures.
Global carbon fiber prepreg market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of carbon fiber prepreg market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
SGL Carbon; Solvay; Hexcel Corporation; Axiom Materials, Inc.; Koninklijke Ten Cate bv.; TEIJIN LIMITED.; Gurit; Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation; Airtech Advanced Materials Group; TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.; PARK ELECTROCHEMICAL CORP.; TCR Composites; HANKUK CARBON CO.,LTD.; KINECO - KAMAN; Barrday, Inc.; TAIWAN FIRST LI-BOND Co., LTD.; Holding company "Composite"; GMS COMPOSITES; ABC Composite Materials LLC; North Thin Ply Technology and Plastic Reinforcement Fabrics Ltd are few of the major competitors currently working in the carbon fiber prepreg market.
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved