Global Carboxy Methyl Cellulose Market By Grade (High Purity 99.5% & Above, Technical Grade Purity 90-99.5%, Industrial Grade Purity 50-90%), Application (Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Oil & Gas, Paints & Adhesives, Paper Industry, Detergents, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Carboxy Methyl Cellulose Market
Global carboxy methyl cellulose market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 1.94 billion by 2026, registering a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the large-scale growth from a number of end-users which has resulted in higher adoption for the product.
Market Definition: Global Carboxy Methyl Cellulose Market
Carboxy methyl cellulose is defined as a derivative of cellulose, and as having a bond between carboxymethly and hydroxyl group of glucopyranose monomers. It has a number of pharmaceutical benefits, food additive features, and a number of other industrial characteristics. It is commonly utilized as a sodium salt, being utilized in food & beverages, paper processing, oil drilling, cosmetics manufacturing, pharmaceutical among various others.
- High levels of demand from the pharmaceutical sectors especially from the Asia-Pacific region; this factor is expected to propel the growth of the market
- Growing number of oil drilling projects is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Shift in consumer preference resulting in higher demands for fat-free and gluten-free products; this factor is expected to boost the growth of the market
- Increased rate of population globally is expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the market due to the increased demands of various end-use products; this factor is expected to fuel the growth of the market
- Presence of various substitute products like microcrystalline cellulose, carrageenan, ethyl cellulose for different application areas is the major factor hampering the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Carboxy Methyl Cellulose Market
- High Purity 99.5% & Above
- Technical Grade Purity 90-99.5%
- Industrial Grade Purity 50-90%
- Food & Beverages
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Oil & Gas
- Paints & Adhesives
- Paper Industry
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, CP Keloc U.S., Inc. announced that they had enhanced the prices related to their carboxymethyl cellulose product range by ten percent coming into effect from October 17, 2018 onwards. This increasing pricing will allow for greater focus of the company on maintaining a consistent supply of the product range for the various end-use consumers
- In October 2016, Ashland Inc. expanded its business by opening a new pharmaceutical facility in Nanjing, China. the facility had all the required benefits for the increasing demand of polymer excipients in China and included multiple cellulose based pharmaceuticals like Blanose CMC, Klucel HPC and others thus increasing revenues for the company
Global carboxy methyl cellulose market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of carboxy methyl cellulose market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global carboxy methyl cellulose market are Nouryon; CP Kelco U.S., Inc.; USK KIMYA CORP; Química Amtex, S.A. De C.V.; DKS Co. Ltd.; NIPPON PAPER INDUSTRIES CO., LTD.; Daicel Corporation; Ashland; Lamberti S.p.A.; Merck KGaA; Amar Cellulose Industries; Patel Industries; DuPont de Nemours, Inc.; QINGDAO SINOCMC CHEMICAL CO., LTD.; Cellulose Solutions Private Limited; Chongqing Lihong Fine Chemicals Co.,Ltd; Trishul Industries; Nilkanth Organics; K.A.Malle Pharmaceuticals; Changshu Wealthy Science and Technology Co., ltd.; WEIFANG LUDE CHEMICAL CO., LTD.; Anqiu Eagle Cellulose Co., Ltd. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Carboxy Methyl Cellulose Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved