Global Chip-On-Board Light Emitting Diodes Market By Application (Illumination, Automotive, Backlighting, Others, High Brightness Lighting), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Chip-On-Board Light Emitting Diodes Market
Global chip-on-board light emitting diodes market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 38.67% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year of 2017. Increasing demand for smart lightning worldwide and technological advancement in chip-on-board light emitting diodes is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Chip-On-Board Light Emitting Diodes Market
Chip-on-board light emitting diodes are a new technology which is used to pack or collect the multiple LED into one lighting module. They are energy efficient and require very less space. They are widely used for many industrial and commercial purposes as they have the ability to provide better color mixing. Due to their high intensity and homogeneous luminosity they are very suitable for applications with high power. Rising prevalence for energy efficient lighting technique is the factor fuelling the growth of this market.
- Increasing urbanization and industrialization will drive the market growth
- Rising demand for energy efficient lighting technique will also propel the market growth
- Technological advancement and development in chip-on-board light emitting diodes will also boost the market growth
- Increasing government support is another factor driving the market growth
- High cost of the chip-on-board light emitting diodes is the factor hampering the market growth
- Complexity associated with the manufacturing of chip-on-board light emitting diodes will also act as a restrain for this market
- Lack of awareness about COB LED will also contribute as a factor restraining the market growth.
Segmentation: Global Chip-On-Board Light Emitting Diodes Market
- Office Space
- Shop Area
- Hospitality Industry
- Outdoor Lighting
- Rear Light
- LED Television
- Screen Display Lighting
- Medical Equipment
- High Brightness Lighting
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, Luminus Devices announced the launch of their two new Pico-COBs so that they can expand their Gen4 LED COB portfolio. These new Pico- COBs have ability create high flux density and can be used for the applications such as residential, museum, hospitality and others. They can also create unique dramatic effects that too with longer throws and narrower beams
- In December 2018, Cree, Inc. announced the launch of their new set of chip-on-board (COB) LEDs XLamp eTone LEDs which is specially designed so that they can provide 90 color rendering index (CRI) light quality. They can be used in application such as museum, retail, medical and others. These LED are available in both XLamp CXA2 Standard Density and the metal-based XLamp CMA & CMT High Current chip-on-board (COB) LED
Global chip-on-board light emitting diodes market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of chip-on-board light emitting diodes market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global chip-on-board light emitting diodes market are OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH, CITIZEN ELECTRONICS CO., LTD, Cree, Inc, EVERLIGHT, Tridonic, Sharp Devices Europe., ProPhotonix, Luminus, Inc., Bridgelux, Inc., LG INNOTEK., SAMSUNG, Trans-Lux Corporation, NICHIA CORPORATION, ACUITY BRANDS LIGHTING, INC, Mouser Electronics, Inc., Excelitas Technologies Corp., Havells India Ltd., Lumileds Holding B.V, molex, TongYiFang, Component Distributors Inc., and others.
Research Methodology: Global Chip-On-Board Light Emitting Diodes Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved