Global Chlamydia Infections Treatment Market By Related Diseases (Gonorrhea, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), Syphilis and Others), Causative Organisms (Chlamydia trachomatis, Chlamydophila pneumoniae and others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable and Others), End Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis: Global Chlamydia Infections Treatment Market
Global chlamydia infections treatment market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2020-2027. The growth in the market can be contributed due to the prevelance of disease and rising health awareness.
Market Definition: Global Chlamydia Infections Treatment Market
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease that can affect both males and females. It is also called Chlamydia trachomatis. The infection does not have signs and symptoms in most of the cases resulting in spreading to others partners. This infection is caused by bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. The effects of chlamydia in females can lead to infertility.
Chlamydia is the most common STD in men. It was estimated that 20% men suffering from gonorrhea has chlamydia too. The incidence of chlamydia in females is approximately 5% and 40% females with gonorrhea has chlamydia too. The incidence of chlamydia infections in the United States accounts for approximately 2.86 million cases per year.
- Increasing incidence of chlamydia and other sexually transmitted diseases is expected to drive the market growth
- Increasing use of screening for the disease will contribute in the market growth
- Supporting reimbursement policies for companies will increase the research and development of new drugs and drive the market growth
- Increasing governmental initiatives like awareness programs and free diagnostic camps will boost up the market growth
- Presence of social stigma resulting in lack of detection of the disease in many cases is the major factor that hamper the market growth
- Unavailability of effective treatment options in many regions will also hamper the market growth
- Lack of healthcare expenditure in many countries will also obstruct this market growth
Segmentation: Global Chlamydia Infections Treatment Market
By Related Diseases
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
By Causative Organisms
- Chlamydia trachomatis
- Chlamydophila pneumoniae
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, Hologic, Inc. and Cepheid received the U. S. FDA approval for Aptima Combo 2 Assay and Xpert CT/NG, respectively. These are the tests for detection of chlamydia and gonorrhea by using throat and rectal samples. The commercialization of these tests will increase the diagnostics market size of chlamydia and other STDs
- In September 2018, BlueWillow Biologics received an NIH Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grant award for development of NanoVax, an intranasal vaccine that is used for prevention of chlamydia. There are many cases of this infection that are left untreated due to lack of diagnosis. The NanoVax vaccine will provide a promising preventive therapy for chlamydia infection
Global chlamydia infections treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of chlamydia infections treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global chlamydia infections treatment market are BlueWillow Biologics, Hologic, Inc., Cepheid, Pfizer Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Gilead Sciences, Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., BD, Agilent Technologies, Inc., bioMérieux SA, Promega Corporation, Genentech, Inc., Akorn, Incorporated, Mallinckrodt, Galderma Laboratories, L.P., Merck & Co., Inc., Bayer AG, AstraZeneca, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Bruker, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC among others.
Research Methodology: Global Chlamydia Infections Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global chlamydia infections treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players