Global Chlorine Market By Application (EDC/PVC, Water Treatment chemicals, C1/C2 Aromatics, Organic Chemicals, Inorganic Chemicals, Propylene Oxide, Pulp & Paper, Chlorinated Intermediaries, Isocyanates and Others), Production Process (Mercury Cell Process, Membrane Cell Process, Diaphragm Process and Others), End-User (Water Treatment, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Paper & Pulp, Plastic, Pesticides and Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Chlorine Market
The global chlorine market accounted to grow with a substantial CAGR of 7.0% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.
Market Definition: Global Chlorine Market
Chlorine is the physical form of a diatomic green gas and it is highly chemically reactive element. Chlorine is made from the salt and has an extremely efficient production process. Due to the tendency to merge with other elements, chlorine is used to produce various products ranging from solar panels to water disinfectants. Chlorine is used for plants and animals as a nutrient.
- High demands from water treatment plants and pharmaceutical industry
- Increasing demand from chemical, plastic and construction industry
- Due to very large established base, its operating and design is very well understood
- It is cheap as compared to other alternatives
- Transporting and handling risk, due to its highly inflammable nature
- Strict regulations from the government about its use
- Due to safety and liabilities concern, companies shifting towards alternative technologies
- Produce toxic disinfection by-product
Segmentation: Global Chlorine Market
- Water treatment chemicals
- C1/C2 aromatics
- Organic chemicals
- Inorganic chemicals
- Propylene oxide
- Pulp & paper
- Chlorinated intermediaries
By Production Process
- Mercury cell process
- Membrane cell process
- Diaphragm process
- Water treatment
- Paper & pulp
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2018, AkzoNobel N.V. upgrades its Rotterdam chlor-alkali plant to develop and strengthen the local industrial cluster for chlorine. The company started to invest in individual production line for chlorine and caustic soda through its new ‘e-flex’ technology.
- In October 2015, Olin Corporation announced the acquisition with The Dow Chemical Company's and elected two new directors on Olin's board. Due to this acquisition Olin became largest integrated chlor-alkali producer.
Competitive Analysis: Global Chlorine Market
Global chlorine market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of third generation advanced high strength steel market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Chlorine Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global chlorine market are Akzo Nobel N.V., Formosa Plastics Corporation, Hanwha Chemical Corporation, Ineos Group Limited, Occidental Petroleum Corporation, OLIN Corporation, PPV AG, Tata Chemicals Ltd., The DOW Chemical Company, Tosoh Corporation, Chlorine Specialties, Inc., Seatex Ltd., Ercros S.A, Fluid Metering, Inc., The STUTZ Company, AquaPhoenix Scientific Inc., BASF, Westlake Chemical, Packed Chlorine, Aditya Birla Chemicals (India) Limited, Jana Overseas, Vynova Group, Nouryon, bondalti, Kemira Oyj, Vinnolit GmbH & Co. KG, INOVYN ChlorVinyls Limited, Gujarat Alkalies and Chemical Limited, Bengal Gases and many more.
Research Methodology: Global Chlorine Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved