Global Cholera Treatment Market By Treatment (Medication, Vaccinations), Drugs (Tetracycline, Quinolones and Others), Vaccine (Dukoral, Shanchol, Vaxchora and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Primary Care Provider and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies and Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Cholera Treatment Market
Global Cholera treatment market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Emergence of drugs used to treat risk associated with tularemia Infection and high demand of disease specific novel therapies are the key factors that fueling the market growth
Market Definition: Global Cholera Treatment Market
Cholera is an infectious disease caused by the gram-negative bacteria Vibrio cholera found in food or water contaminated by feces from a person with the infection. It causes severe watery diarrhea which can eventually lead to dehydration and even death if untreated. It is more prevalent in children than adults. People with cholera often experience rapid heartbeat, Loss of skin elasticity, watery stool
According to the statistics published by WHO in 2017, an estimated prevalence of cholera is approximately 1.3 to 4.0 million and 21,000 to 143,000 deaths occur globally. Growing cases of cholera infection worldwide and recently launch of product is fueling market growth.
- Growing prevalence of cholera infection and consumption of contaminated food is boosting the market growth
- High demand of disease specific novel treatment can also act as a market driver
- Huge financial support to the researchers for developing novel intervention is boosting the market growth
- Development of novel approaches for new cholera vaccine is also drive the market growth
- Limited operating revenue opportunities for research and development of targeted therapies by many pharmaceuticals is acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
- Low healthcare budget in some developing countries is hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Cholera Treatment Market
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Primary Care Provider
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2016, PaxVax, Inc a subsidiary of Emergent BioSolutions Inc received an approval from the FDA for Vaxchora, a single-dose vaccine for active immunization against cholera. The approval of Vaxchora, represents a major advance in the protection of these patients through a targeted mode of action.
- In June 2016 Astellas Pharma Inc in collaboration with The Institute of Medical Science at the University of Tokyo is developing rice-based oral vaccine against cholera and E. coli-related diarrheal diseases. If trial successful, it will significantly improve the treatment landscape from existing cholera vaccine.
Global cholera treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global cholera treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global cholera treatment market are Valneva SE, Sanofi, Emergent BioSolutions Inc, EUBIOLOGICS CO., LTD, Astellas Pharma Inc, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Celldex Therapeutics, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck & Co., Inc, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Fresenius Kabi AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc and others
Research Methodology: Global Cholera Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global cholera treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players