Global Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Market By Drug Type (Phosphodiestrase-4 Inhibitors, Long-Acting Bronchodilators, Short-Acting Bronchodilators, Methylxanthines, Corticosteroids), Product Type (Inhalers, Nebulizers), Type (Chronic Bronchitis, Emphysema), Diagnosis (Pirometry, Diagnostic Tests, Others), Treatment (Oxygen Therapy, Lung Transplant, Drug Therapy, Vaccination, Surgery, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Market
Global chronic obstructive pulmonary disease market is set to witness a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing cases of COPD and advancement in healthcare industry is the factor for the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Market
COPD or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a kind of a lung disease which causes breathing problem in the patient. COPD usually causes swelling in the airway due to which get blocked. COPD also causes other problems such as lung cancer, heart disease and others. Emphysema and chronic bronchitis are two of the common type of the COPD. Chest tightness, cough, mucus production, shortness of breath and other are some of the common symptoms of COPD. According to Healthline, more than 65 million people in the world have COPD and it is the major cause of death in the U.S. affecting 16 million American.
- Increasing consumption of tobacco among youth population is driving the market growth
- Rising awareness among population about the use of generic drug will propel growth of this market
- Increasing R&D investment by government and major players is also driving the market growth
- Rising cases of COPD among population is also contributing as a factor for the market growth
- High cost of the COPD treatment will restrict the market growth
- Dearth of awareness and knowledge among population about COPD symptoms and indications will also hamper the growth of this market
- Increasing problem associated with patent expiry can also act as a restraint for the market
Segmentation: Global Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Market
By Drug Type
- Phosphodiestrase-4 Inhibitors
- Long-Acting Bronchodilators
- Short-Acting Bronchodilators
By Product Type
- Dry Powder Inhalersm
- Metered Dose Inhalers
- Soft Mist Inhalers
- Ultrasonic Nebulizers
- Jet Nebulizers
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Diagnostic Tests
- Chest X-Ray
- Complete Blood Count
- Oxygen Therapy
- Lung Transplant
- Drug Therapy
- Inhaled Steroids
- Combination Inhalers
- Oral Steroids
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, Circassia Pharmaceuticals plc announced that they have received approval from FDA for Duaklir, which is specially designed for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. This drug is very useful for the patient with COPD and this approval will help the company to strengthen their respiratory product portfolio
- In December 2018, ResMed announced that they are going to acquire Propeller Health so that they could help the doctor and patients to manage their COPD and asthma. This acquisition will help the company to strengthen them as leader in digital health of COPD. They will provide their patient a better quality of life and will help them to reduce the impact of chronic disease along with saving healthcare costs
Global chronic obstructive pulmonary disease market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global chronic obstructive pulmonary disease market are AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Novartis AG, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Aché Laboratórios Farmacêuticos S.A., bioMARCK, Aquinox Pharmaceuticals, Astellas Pharma Inc., Abbott., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Adamis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc., Mylan N.V., Orion Corporation, Grifols, S.A., Theravance Biopharma., Circassia, ResMed, and others.
Research Methodology: Global Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global chronic obstructive pulmonary disease market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)