Global Cluster Headache Drug Market By Types (Episodic and Chronic), Mechanism of Action (Corticosteroids, Ergot alkaloids (Dihydroergotamine, Ergotamine), Local Anesthetics, Calcium Channel Blockers, Triptans, Lithium Carbonate and Anti-Seizures), Drugs Type (Fast-Acting Drugs, Long-Term Drugs and Short-Term Drugs), Diagnosis (Neurological Examination, MRI and CT Scan), Treatment (Medication and Surgery), Route of Administration (Oral, Topical, Intravenous and Others), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, South America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Cluster Headache Drug Market
Global cluster headache drug market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR of in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of cluster headaches, growing geriatric population, development in the healthcare expenditure and the government support for the research & development for new and better treatment have fueled the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Cluster Headache Drug Market
Cluster headache is also known as Horton's syndrome is characterized by a series of relatively short but severe pain on one side of the head every day for weeks or months at a time. Headaches occur in form of clusters which means bouts of frequent attacks which may last from weeks to months and followed by long periods of relief. Cluster headaches occur at the same time each year because of their seasonal nature. Symptoms include nasal discharge, redness of eyes and excessive tearing.
The prevalence rate of cluster headache is less than 1percent and mostly affects men. The attacks can begin at any age, although they usually occur between the ages of 20 and 40 years. The lifetime prevalence of cluster headache for adults of all ages was 124 per 100,000 or approximately 0.1 percent.
- Increasing prevalence of cluster headaches and migraine is driving the growth of this market
- Increased television viewing and computer usage is also acting as a driver for the market
- Growing geriatric population is propelling the market growth
- Application of latest technologies in the health care industry can also act as a market driver
- Lack of awareness amongst people and healthcare providers about cluster headaches is hampering the market growth.
- Increasing measure by government to lessen healthcare expenditure is also restricting the growth for the market
- Unfavorable health care policies will also hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Cluster Headache Drug Market
By Mechanism of Action
- Ergot alkaloids
- Local Anesthetics
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Lithium Carbonate
By Drugs Type
- Fast-Acting Drugs
- Long-Term Drugs
- Short-Term Drugs
- Neurological Examination
- CT Scan
By Route of Administration
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Eli Lilly and Company received the US FDA approval for Emgality (Galcanezumab). This drug became the first drug to gain U.S. approval for decreasing the frequency of episodic cluster headache attacks. It belongs to a new class of drugs called CGRP inhibitors that are used to prevent migraines or reduce their frequency
- In April 2017, electroCore, Inc received the US FDA approval for gammaCore device, a non-invasive vagus nerve stimulator aimed to treat pain associated with episodic cluster headache in adult patients. Gammacore the first and only FDA-approved device for the prevention of cluster headache. It is a safe and effective treatment when compared to other treatments
Global cluster headaches drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of cluster headaches drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Key market players in the global cluster headaches market are F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc, AstraZeneca, Eli Lilly and Company, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, TrioxBio Inc, Aurobindo Pharma, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc, WOCKHARDT, Shanghai Soho Yiming Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Chengdu Tiantaishan pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd, electroCore, Inc, Autonomic Technologies, Inc, WINSTON PHARMACEUTICALS, Inc, CAPNIA, Inc and few others.
Research Methodology: Global Cluster Headaches Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global cluster headache drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.