Global Coal-Workers’ Pneumoconiosis Drug Market By Types (Simple Coal Worker’s Pneumoconiosis (SCWP) and Complicated Coal Worker’s Pneumoconiosis (CCWP)), Drugs Class (Inhaled medication, Anti-biotics, Corticosteroids, Vaccine and Others), Diagnosis (X-Ray, CT Scan, and Pulmonary Function Test ), Treatment (Medication, Oxygen Therapy, Vaccination, Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Lung Transplant and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Inhalation and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Coal-Workers’ Pneumoconiosis Drug Market
Global coal-workers’ pneumoconiosis drug market is growing at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of black lung disease, increasing mining activities, increasing research and development expenses, and rising healthcare expenditures are some factors fueling the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Coal-Workers’ Pneumoconiosis Drug Market
Coal workers' pneumoconiosis (CWP) is also known as black lung disease, it is an occupational disease and a type of pneumoconiosis, caused by inhaling coal dust over a longer period of time. A person breathe in coal dust the particles enters the airways and settles down on the lung tissues, immune system tries to fight with the particles to get rid of them and in response causes inflammation and fibrosis which results in shortness of breath, coughing and over secretion of phlegm.
According to National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health in July 2018, more than 10 percent of coal miners of America with 25 or more years of experience have coal workers' pneumoconiosis (CWP), the highest rate recorded in two decades.
- Increasing prevalence of black lung disease is driving the market growth
- Increasing mining activities is boosting the market growth
- Increasing research and development expenses is accelerating the market growth
- Rising healthcare expenditures is also enhancing the market growth
- Lack of awareness amongst coal-workers is hindering the market growth
- Limited availability of medicinal treatment options is restraining the market growth
- High cost of surgery mainly the lung transplantation is hampering the market growth
Segmentation: Global Coal-Workers’ Pneumoconiosis Drug Market
- Simple Coal Worker’s Pneumoconiosis (SCWP)
- Complicated Coal Worker’s Pneumoconiosis (CCWP)
By Drugs Class
- Inhaled Medications
- CT Scan
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Oxygen Therapy
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Lung Transplant
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In March 2019, AstraZeneca received Orphan Drug designation from The U.S FDA for saracatinib, a potential new medicine for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), a type of lung disease. This designation enables the company to receive financial incentives such as an extended period of exclusivity
- In March 2018, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH received Fast Track designation from the U.S FDA for nintedanib for the treatment of systemic sclerosis with associated interstitial lung disease (SSc-ILD). This designation will help the company for the early approval of nintedanid
Global coal-workers’ pneumoconiosis drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of coal-workers’ pneumoconiosis drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global coal-workers’ pneumoconiosis drug market are Abbott, Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, AstraZeneca, Medtronic, Eli Lilly and Company, Merck & Co., Inc, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Sanofi, Novo Nordisk A/S, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc, Gilead Sciences, Inc among others
Research Methodology: Global Coal-Workers’ Pneumoconiosis Drug Market:
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global coal-workers’ pneumoconiosis drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.