Global Coating Additives Market, By Type (Acrylic, Fluoropolymers, Urethanes, Metallic Additives, Others), By Function (Anti-foaming and Others), By Formulation (Water-Borne and Others), By End-User Industry (Residential & Commercial Buildings and Others), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Coating Additives Market
The global coating additives market is expected to reach USD 11.58 billion by 2025, from USD 7.20 billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Coating Additives Market
This market report defines the market trends and forecast the upcoming opportunities and threats of the coating additives market in the next 8 years. Coating additives are used for the improvement of product properties. They eliminate or reduce problems arising during formulating paint systems production processes. The coating additives are used in small quantities but it has a huge impact on coating. The proper quantity and right level of additives improve the appearance and durability of a coating, the flow of paints and inks, the efficiency of the manufacturing process, and even the sustainability of formulations. These properties of additives are contributing to its increased demands in the market. Therefore, various major players are launching products in the market, for instance, in 2016, BASF launched Acronal 7079 and AQAcell HIDE 6299, the two new polymer dispersion paint and coatings products which are designed to keep building exteriors clean and durable and also reduces carbon footprints through reduction of titanium dioxide (TiO2). In 2018, Clariant launched Dispersogen SPS and Dispersogen SPV, an advanced stabilizer which are used in biocide-free paints. The increasing demand of additives led to technological advancement in the additives and therefore players are focusing on developing the products. For instance, IFS Coatings launched the IFS Advance program, a collection of five different ecofriendly advanced IFS paint products which are IFS Enhance, IFS Fast Cure, IFS Match, IFS Co-cure and IFS powder products and its services designed to improve the powder coating process.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increase in infrastructure of building & construction industry
- Rise in automotive industry
- Unstable prices of raw materials
- Increased demand of eco-friendly paints
- Increased in R&D activities
- Strict regulatory scenario
Market Segmentation: Global Coating Additives Market
- The global coating additives market is segmented on the basis of type, function, formulation, end user, and geography.
- On the basis of type, the global coating additives market is segmented into acrylic, fluoropolymers, urethanes, metallic additives, and others.
- On the basis of function, the global coating additives market is segmented into anti-foaming, wetting & dispersion, rheology modification, biocides, impact modification, and others.
- On the basis of formulation, the global coating additives market is segmented into water-borne coatings, solvent-borne coatings, solventless coatings, powder-based coatings, and radiation curable coatings.
- On the basis of end user, the global coating additives market is segmented into residential & commercial buildings, automotive, architectural, industrial, wood & furniture and others.
- Based on geography, the global coating additives market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Coating Additives Market
The global coating additives market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of coating additives for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Coating Additives Market
Some of the major players operating in the global coating additives market are BASF, Clariant, IFC Coating, ALTANA, allnex group, AkzoNobel N.V., Arkema Group, Ashland Inc., BYK Additives & Instruments, The DOW Chemical Company, Solvay S.A., Evonik Industries AG, Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, Elementis PLC, The Lubrizol Corporation, Michelman, Inc., Croda International Plc, Cytec Industries Inc., Angus Chemical Company, Lonza Group, Buckman Laboratories International, Inc., Cabot Corp., Cytec Industries Inc., Daikin Industries Ltd., Dynea among others.
Research Methodology: Global Coating Additives Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters and Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others