Global Contraceptive Devices Market By Product Type (Male Contraceptive Devices, Female Contraceptive Devices), Technology (Hormonal Contraceptives, Barrier Contraceptives), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Clinics, Online Channel, Public Channel & NGOs, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)- Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Contraceptive Devices Market
Global contraceptive devices market is registering a substantial CAGR of 7.90% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the initiatives taken by government and NGO’s about contraceptives and regular advancement in technologies.
Market Definition: Global Contraceptive Devices Market
Contraceptive devices are used to avoid pregnancy by the use of medical devices, medicines, and surgical methods. The sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are also prevented by the use of it. It may be temporary or permanent and accessible to males and females accordingly. Permanent techniques include women's sterilization and men's sterilization Hormonal and non-hormonal are temporary techniques.
- Regular technological advancement is driving the growth of market
- Numbers of initiatives taken by government is helping to grow the market
- Allowance for contraceptive device on the regular basis drives the market growth
- Increasing initiatives and support by various NGO’s are also helping the market to grow
- Improper family planning is driving the market growth
- Surging infections due to the use of contraceptive devices are restraining the market growth
- Increasing incidence of infertility hinders the growth of the market
- Side effects of contraceptive devices restricts the market growth
Segmentation: Global Contraceptive Devices Market
By Product Type
- Male Contraceptive Devices
- Female Contraceptive Devices
- Female Condoms, Diaphragms & Sponges
- Vaginal Rings
- Intrauterine Devices
- Sub-dermal Implants
- Hormonal Contraceptives
- Barrier Contraceptives
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Channel
- Public Channel & NGOs
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2017, Government of India launched two new contraceptives. New contraceptives will be introduced to widen the basket of options for the population of the country to meet their needs for family planning. Under the government's Mission ParivarVikas, a key family planning initiative, contraceptives are being introduced.
- In September 2017, Prega News of Mankind Pharmaceuticals partnered with SpiceJet. This collaboration will be launching a series of initiatives to make air travel more enjoyable and comfortable for pregnant women.
Global contraceptive devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of contraceptive devices market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global contraceptive devices market are Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc, Janssen Global Services, LLC, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp, Mylan N.V., ALLERGAN, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Veru Inc., Church & Dwight Co., Inc., Medisafe Distribution Inc., CooperSurgical, Inc., Devex, Mayer Laboratories, Inc., Medisafe Distribution Inc., ANSELL LTD., Reckitt Benckiser Group plc., Agile Therapeutics, Inc., HLL Lifecare Limited, Mankind Pharma, TTK HealthCare, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, V-Care Pharma Pvt. Ltd., Vardhaman Lifecare Pvt Ltd, Cipla Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Contraceptive Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global contraceptive devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)