Global CRISPR Gene-Editing Market By Therapeutic Application (Oncology, Autoimmune/Inflammatory), Application (Genome Engineering, Disease Models, Functional Genomics and Others), Technology (CRISPR/Cas9, Zinc Finger Nucleases and Others), Services (Design Tools, Plasmid and Vector, Cas9 and g-RNA, Delivery System Products and Others), Products (GenCrispr/Cas9 kits, GenCrispr Cas9 Antibodies, GenCrispr Cas9 Enzymes and Others), End-Users (Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies, Academic & Government Research Institutes, Contract Research Organizations and Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global CRISPR Gene-Editing Market
Global CRISPR gene-editing market is rising gradually with a healthy CAGR of 23.35 % in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Growing prevalence of cancer worldwide and expanding the application of CRISPR technology by innovative research from the different academic organizations are the key factors for market growth.
Market Definition: Global CRISPR Gene-Editing Market
Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR) a genome editing technology that allows genetic material to be added, alter and removed in an organism's DNA. The discovery of The CRISPR-Cas9 system has potential to be used in the treatment of cancer by immunotherapy. The science and discovery involved in the manufacturing of CRISPR-Cas9 based products creates great interest for many biotech and pharmaceutical companies due to their unique pharmacological characteristics, increase specificity for defined cell type and low intrinsic toxicity.
According to the statistics published in The Global Cancer Observatory, Globocan 2018, it is estimated that the total incident population of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and breast cancer worldwide were 509,590 and 2,088,849 respectively. This growing incidence of cancer globally and increase in deal between the companies are acting as major market drivers in the growth of this market.
- High prevalence of cancer worldwide is driving the growth of this market
- Joint ventures by biotechnical companies for the advancement of genetic engineering for the development of CRISPR worldwide can also boost the market growth
- Expanding the application of CRISPR technology by innovative research from the different academic organizations also enhances the market growth
- High finance in research and development also acts as a driving factor in the growth of this market
- Probable mistreatment of CRISPR gene editing device and CRISPR/Cas genome editing device is restricting the growth for the market
- Scientific and major technical challenges for the production of disease specific novel CRISPR gene editing can also hamper the market growth
- Lack of healthcare budget in some middle-income countries restricts the market growth
Segmentation: Global CRISPR Gene-Editing Market
- Genome Engineering
- Disease Models
- Functional Genomics
- Zinc Finger Nucleases
- Design Tools
- Plasmid and Vector
- Cas9 and g-RNA
- Delivery System Products
- GenCrispr/Cas9 kits
- GenCrispr Cas9 Antibodies
- GenCrispr Cas9 Enzymes
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic & Government Research Institutes
- Contract Research Organizations
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
In April 2019, GenScript has launched Single-stranded DNA Service for CRISPR-based Gene Editing which help the key researchers to have access on the high quality, pure ssDNA for CRISPR-based gene insertion and hence can accelerate the development of gene as well as cell therapy for cancer immunotherapy
In February 2018, Cellectis has received two U.S. patents (US#9,855,297 and US#9,890,393) entiled as "Methods for engineering T cells for immunotherapy by using RNA-guided CAS nuclease system" for CRISPR Use in T-Cells. The U.S. grant of these patents, the company can generate revenue by out-licensing the products to the pharma companies that are ready to use CRISPR technologies in T-cells
Global CRISPR gene-editing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of CRISPR gene-editing market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global CRISPR gene-editing market are Applied StemCell, ACEA BIO, Synthego, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, GenScript, Addgene, Merck KGaA, Intellia Therapeutics, Inc, Cellectis, Precision Biosciences, Caribou Biosciences, Inc, Transposagen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc, OriGene Technologies, Inc, Novartis AG, New England Biolabs among others
Research Methodology: Global CRISPR Gene-Editing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global CRISPR gene-editing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players