Global Dental Surgical Instruments Market, By Product (Handheld Instruments, Laser, Dental Hand-piece, Ultrasonic Instruments, Consumables), Therapeutic Area (Restorative Dentistry, Orthodontics), End Users (Hospitals, Ambulatory Centers, Clinics, Community Healthcare, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Dental Surgical Instruments Market
The Global Dental Surgical Instruments Market is expected to reach USD 6.7 billion by 2025, from USD 4.22 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Dental Surgical Instruments Market
This market report defines the market trends and forecast the upcoming opportunities and threats of the global dental surgical instruments market in the next 8 years.
Consistent usage of tobacco, chocolates and unhealthy foods leads to the dental disorders such as cavities, plaque and periodontal diseases. Plaque caused due to the bacteria’s or germs present in mouth whereas cavities are formed due to the enamel of tooth caused by bacteria. Periodontal disease is caused due to gum slump and injuries or damage of soft tissues of mouth. Hence these diseases require dental surgeries and few of dental surgical instruments are dental lasers, hand pieces, computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM), computer-aided design and intra oral and extra oral radiology equipment.
For instance, According American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), in 2012, number of orthodontic procedures were performed has increased by 14% from 2010 to 2012 which is 1,225,850 total adult patient. Whereas, number of patient below 17 is around 4.6 million, while the total procedures were 5.8 million. Hence increasing number of orthodontic surgeries is expected to drive the market of dental surgical instruments.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- New technologies such as CAD/CAM technology has considerably reduced the designing time for dental prostheses.
- Increasing incidence of oral disease
- significant transitions in the oral care
- preference of patient for painless diagnosis and surgeries
- Technological innovations in the field of imaging and radiology
- Increasing number of dental clinic
- Rising demand for cosmetic dentistry further fuels market growth
Market Segmentation: Global Dental Surgical Instruments Market
- The global dental surgical instruments market is segmented based on product, Therapeutic Area, end user and geographical segments.
- Based on product, the global dental surgical instruments market is segmented into Handheld Instruments, Laser, Dental Hand-piece, Ultrasonic Instruments and Consumables.
- Based on Therapeutic Area, the global dental surgical instruments market is segmented into Restorative Dentistry, Orthodontics.
- Based on End Users, the global dental surgical instruments market is segmented into Hospitals, Ambulatory Centers, Clinics, Community Healthcare and Others.
- Based on geography, global dental surgical instruments market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, South Africa and, Brazil among others. In 2017, North America is expected to dominate the market.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2017, LM-Instruments Oy (Finland), launched LM Dental Tracking System (DTS) a dental surgical products at the International Dental Show (IDS). This system uses radio-frequency identification (RFID) technology to efficiently track and monitor instruments and materials in the dental industry.
Competitive Analysis: Global Dental Surgical Instruments Market
The global dental surgical instruments market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global dental surgical instruments market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Dental Surgical Instruments Market
Some of the major players operating in the global dental surgical instruments market are Danaher Corporation, Planmeca Oy, DENTSPLY Sirona Inc. Sirona Dental Systems, BIOLASE Technology Inc., A-Dec Inc., Nakanishi Inc., Midmark Corporation, GC Corporation, Hu-Friedy Manufacturing Company, Henry Schein Inc., Sybron Dental Specialties Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), The Yoshida Dental Mfg. Co., Ltd., A-dec, Inc., COLTENE Holding AG, Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation, Patterson Dental and Young Innovations Inc.. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Dental Surgical Instruments Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global dental surgical instruments market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- The report includes the complete segmentation displayed above across all above mentioned countries
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)