Global DiGeorge Syndrome Drug Market By Therapy Type (Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapy and Hormone Replacement Therapy), Treatment Type (Medication and Surgery), Route of Administration (Oral and Injectable), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global DiGeorge Syndrome Drug Market
Global DiGeorge syndrome drug market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Growing incidence of DiGeorge syndrome’s population and development of newer therapies and treatment are the key factors for market growth
Market Definition: Global DiGeorge Syndrome Drug Market
DiGeorge syndrome is also known as 22q11.2 deletion syndrome or velocardiofacial syndrome is a rare pediatric congenital condition where children are born with absence of chromosome 22. This results to severe immunodeficiency causing poor development of several body systems. Children with DiGeorge syndrome disorders have no ability to fight against infections.
According to the article puplished in Northwestern University, it is estimated that the incident population of DiGeorge Syndrome in the United States around 500 to 750 and over 2.5 million children diagnosed yearly. These growing incidents of DiGeorge syndrome’s population worldwide and robust pipeline for development of newer therapies are the key factors for market growth.
- Vulnerable pediatric population of DiGeorge syndrome
- Emergence of drugs for treating serious disease such as CNS disorders and cardiovascular diseases associated with DiGeorge syndrome
- Increase in the rate of R&D initiatives is driving DiGeorge syndrome therapeutics market
- Effective treatment is either unavailable or unaffordable
- Patent expiry from many companies and introduction of generic drugs of branded version is expected to restrain the growth if the market
- Inadequate knowledge about DiGeorge syndrome in some developing countries
Segmentation: Global DiGeorge Syndrome Drug Market
By Therapy Type
- Regenerative Medicine Advanced Therapy
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Vitamin D and Calcium
- Heart defects
By Route of administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Enzyvant’s drug candidate RVT-802, a tissue-based regenerative therapy received the FDA acceptance of Biologic License Application (BLA) as well as Priority Review status for the treatment of pediatric congenital athymia associated with complete DiGeorge Anomaly (cDGA), CHARGE syndrome, and FOXN1 deficiency. If approved, it will be the first drug used for the treatment of DiGeorge syndrome and turning it into a potential blockbuster commercial milestone for Enzyvant.
- In September 2017, Enzyvant received Rare Pediatric Disease designation from the FDA for RVT-802, a tissue-based regenerative therapy for treatment of congenital athymia associated with complete DiGeorge Syndrome. The FDA Rare Pediatric Disease designation will enable to receive a rare pediatric disease priority review voucher upon approval of Biologic License Application (BLA).
Global DiGeorge syndrome drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Digeorge syndrome drug market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global DiGeorge Syndrome Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global Digeorge syndrome drug market are Aevi Genomic Medicine, Inc, Bausch Health, Natera, Inc, Roche Sequencing, Enzyvant, Progenity, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, AbbVie Inc., Amgen Inc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Angimmune LLC, Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd., CELGENE CORPORATION, CELLECTAR BIOSCIENCES, INC, eFFECTOR Therapeutics, Inc., IMV Inc, Karyopharm, Neon Therapeutics, Novartis AG and many others
Research Methodology: Global DiGeorge Syndrome Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global Digeorge syndrome drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players