Global Drugs of Abuse (DOA) Testing Market By Product (Consumables, Equipment), Sample Type (Urine, Saliva, Hair, Others), Application (Pain Management, Criminal Justice, Workplace Screening), End-Users (Hospitals, Laboratories, Workplace, At Home, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Drugs of Abuse (DOA) Testing Market
Global drugs of abuse (DOA) testing market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 11.54 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rise in the levels of developments, advancements along with innovative product launches by the major manufacturers.
Market Definition: Global Drugs of Abuse (DOA) Testing Market
Drugs of abuse (DOA) testing is a diagnostic method of testing for substance or chemical abuse in individuals by testing the samples such as hair, saliva, urine, blood, breath. This is generally utilized for testing the usage of recreational drugs in the system of individuals so that they can be provided the correct course of treatment and clinical procedure can be undertaken.
- Increasing consumption and trade of recreational drugs worldwide; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Rise in the usage of products in various organizations to test their employees; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Initiatives undertaken by various organizations and authorities for spreading awareness regarding the drug abuse and products to detect it; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Transformation of laws to legalize the usage of recreational drugs/illicit drugs; this factor is expected to restrain the market growth
- Lack of capabilities of these testing products for the detection of small amounts of special drugs; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Drugs of Abuse (DOA) Testing Market
- Rapid Test Kits
- Assay Kits & Reagents
- Immunoassay Analyzers
- Chromatography Instruments
- Breath Analyzers
By Sample Type
- Pain Management
- Criminal Justice
- Workplace Screening
- At Home
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, W.H.P.M., Inc. through its affiliate Carehealth America Corporation announced that they had acquired Express Diagnostics Int’l, Inc. This acquisition will significantly improve and complement the capabilities and technologies of both organizations leading to additions of product patents, trademarks and copyright.
- In February 2018, Alfa Scientific Designs, Inc. announced that they had received US FDA 510(k) clearance for their “Instant-view-plus” multi-drug of abuse urine test. Alfa’s “Driven Flow Technology” utilized in the simple cup DOA (drug-of-abuse) product termed as “Instant-view-plus iFOB”. The clearance has been provided for usage in professional, CLIA-waived, and over-the-counter (OTC) usage. The product is capable of identifying thirteen individual drugs in approximately two minutes offering significant capabilities in comparison to the existing products in the market.
Global drugs of abuse (DOA) testing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of drugs of abuse (DOA) testing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global drugs of abuse (DOA) testing market are W.H.P.M., Inc.; WATERS; Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings; Abbott; Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA; Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.; Sonic Healthcare; bioMérieux SA; Danaher; Quest Diagnostics Incorporated; Thermo Fisher Scientific; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Randox Laboratories Ltd.; Psychemedics Corporation; Siemens Healthcare Private Limited; Merck KGaA; Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics; Biomedical diagnostics and Alfa Scientific Designs, Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Drugs of Abuse (DOA) Testing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global drugs of abuse (DOA) testing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)