Global Dry Skin Treatment Market By Type (Mildly Dry Skin, Moderately Dry Skin, Severely Dry Skin), Medication Type (OTC Products, Prescription Medications), Treatment (Moisturizer, Medication), Route of Administration (Oral, Topical), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Dry Skin Treatment Market
Global dry skin treatment market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Rise in aesthetic concern and untapped emerging economies are the key factors that fueling the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Dry Skin Treatment Market
Dry skin is also known as xeroderma is a condition of a skin occurs when skin cells produce less sebum (natural oils) than necessary. This lack of sebum results in flakes in the skin, chaps, feels tight and looks dull, especially on the cheeks and arounds the eyes. Dryness is exacerbated by wind, extremes of temperature and air conditioning. It usually not serious, but it can be uncomfortable and creating fine lines and wrinkles.
According to an article published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in 2015, it was estimated that approximately 6 million to 12 million infestations occur each year within the United States. Increasing climatic changes and pollution are major causes of dry skin and Influence of a healthy and quality lifestyle may expect to increase the market.
- High prevalence of dry skin is propelling the growth of this market
- Emergence of grey market and free trade zone is boosting the market growth
- Change in environment and lifestyle can also act as a market driver
- The competitive scenario of market and strategic collaborations may boost the market position
- Limited operating revenue opportunities for research and development of targeted therapies by many pharmaceuticals is acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
- Low healthcare budget in some developing countries is hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Dry Skin Treatment Market
- Mildly Dry Skin
- Moderately Dry Skin
- Severely Dry Skin
By Medication Type
- OTC Products
- Prescription Medications
- Alpha Hydroxyl Acids
- Ammonium lactate
- Linoleic Acid
- Topical Steroid
- Antihistamines Agents
- Immune modulator
- Topical Steroid
By Route of Administration
By End Users
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2019, MC2 Therapeutics filed New Drug Application (NDA) to the FDA Wynzora™ Cream (calcipotriene 0.005% and betamethasone dipropionate 0.064%) for the treatment of plaque psoriasis. In the press release company also mentioned that they intends to launch an innovative new line of PAD™ Cream-based consumer healthcare products for the treatment of dry, itchy and sensitive skin.
Global dry skin treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares global dry skin treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global dry skin treatment market are Allergan, L'Oreal SA, Forest Essentials, Galderma Laboratories, L.P., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc, MC2 Therapeutics, Croda International Plc, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Perrigo Company plc, LANNETT, Novartis AG, Teligent, Rising Pharma Holdings, Inc and others.
Research Methodology: Global Dry Skin Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global dry skin treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players