Global E-Bike Market, By Battery Type (Lithium-Ion, Lithium-Ion Polymer, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lead Acid, Sealed Lead Acid, Others), Hub Motor Location (Mid Drive Hub Motor, Rear Hub Motor, Front Hub Motor), Mode (Pedal Assist, Throttle), Battery Power (Under 750W, Over 750W), Class (Class I (Pedal Assist/Pedelec), Class II (Throttle), Class III (Speed Pedelec)), Usage (City/Urban, Cruise, Mountain/Trekking Bikes, Racing, Cargo, and Others), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico, Germany, U.K., France, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Belgium, Turkey, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, South Africa, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Egypt and Rest of Middle East & Africa), Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
E-bike market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 9.8% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 23,503.51 million by 2027. Increasing concerns regarding pollution level is aiding growth of this market.
Growing environmental pollution and harmful emissions from vehicles is generating a need for alternative e mobility solutions which do not cause any pollution. Thus, introduction of e-bikes have enabled commuters to opt for eco-friendly yet affordable mobility solution which is resulting in growth for e-bike market.
High traffic congestions in urban cities are increasing the demand for e-bikes globally. There is increase in the demand of greener and cleaner mode of transportation which is boosting the global e-bike market. High cost of purchase and maintenance of e-bikes as compared to conventional bicycles act as major restraining factor for the global e-bike market.
This e-bike market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Global e-bike market is segmented into six notable segments which are based on the basis of battery type, hub motor location, mode, battery power, class and usage. The growth among segments helps to analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of battery type, the e-bike market is segmented into lithium-ion, lithium-ion polymer, nickel metal hydride, lead acid, sealed lead acid, and others. In 2020, lithium-ion segment dominates the battery type segment due to its less maintenance and longer durability, however, lithium-ion polymer segment is growing at higher rate as it is an advanced version of lithium-ion batteries with better durability.
- On the basis of hub motor location, the e-bike market is segmented into mid drive hub motor, rear hub motor, and front hub motor. In 2020, hub motor location segment is dominated by mid drive hub motor segment as it is the most suited design for pedelec e-bike and pedal assisted e-bikes which are widely consumed worldwide. Also, due to its better weight distribution, mid drive hub motor based e-bikes are preferred.
- On the basis of mode, the e-bike market is segmented into pedal assist, and throttle. In 2020, pedal assist segment is majorly used by consumers as it gives features of cycling as well electric assistance for longer cruise, hence pedal assist dominates the mode segment.
- On the basis of battery power, the e-bike market is segmented into under 750 W, and over 750 W. In 2020, under 750 W segment holds the largest market share in battery power segment and is expected to grow at higher rate as under 750 W batteries are light weighted in comparison to over 750 W batteries. Also, regulations from various governments help under 750 W batteries to dominate the segment.
- On the basis of class, the e-bike market is segmented into class I (pedal assist/pedelec), class II (throttle), and class III (speed pedelec). In 2020, in coherency with pedal assist mode, class I (pedal assist/pedelec) segment dominates the class segment given these type of e-bikes are widely favored by health conscious people over full throttle e-bikes.
- On the basis of usage, the e-bike market is segmented into city/urban, cruise, mountain/trekking bikes, racing, cargo, and others. In 2020, city/urban segment holds major chunk of usage segment as most of the e-bikes purchased are used in urban areas for cost effective and eco-friendly commuting for short distances, for instance, commuting to workplace or office.
E-Bike market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, battery type, hub motor location, mode, battery power, class and usage.
The countries covered in e-bike market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Germany, U.K., France, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Belgium, Turkey, Rest of Europe in Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific in the Asia-Pacific, South Africa, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Egypt and Rest of Middle East & Africa as a part of Middle East and Africa, Brazil, Argentina, and Rest of South America as part of South America.
Asia-Pacific dominates the e-bike market as the China is the largest manufacturer and exporter of the e-bikes in the region and e-bikes purchased is increased in the region for cost effective and eco-friendly commuting for short distances, for instance, commuting to workplace or office. Germany is leading the growth of the Europe market due to high production of e-bikes in the country with the presence of companies such as Derby Cycle. The U.S. is dominating in the North America market due to the increasing number of electric vehicles in the region and also e-bikes are widely favoured by health conscious people.
The country section of the e-bike market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rise in Demand of Greener and Cleaner Mode of Transportation
E-bike market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in e-bike and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the e-bike market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and E-Bike Market Share Analysis
E-bike market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to global e-bike market.
Some of the major players operating in the e-bike market are Accell Group, Derby Cycle, JIANGSU XINRI E-VEHICLE CO.,LTD., AIMA TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD, Karbon Kinetics Ltd, Solex Cycle North America Inc., ITALJET SPA, GenZe by Mahindra (a subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.), A2B, Amego Electric Vehicles Inc., Pedego Electric Bikes, Riese & Müller GmbH, M1-Sporttechnik, F.I.V. E. Bianchi S.p.A., Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., WUXI YADEA EXPORT-IMPORT CO.,LTD., Giant Bicycles, Trek Bicycle Corporation, myStromer AG, Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc. among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of e-bike market.
- In June 2020, Giant Bicycles launched anthem advanced pro 29 world champion edition frameset which is made of advanced composite material offering lightweight structure and XC race geometry with 29er speed and stability. The new product will increase market share of the company.
- In July 2018, Accell Group acquired Velosophy. Velosophy is Dutch company focusing on e-cargo bike solutions. This acquisition allowed Accell group to increase production of cargo bikes. The acquisition increased the product portfolio and customer base of the company.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for e-bikes.
Customization Available: Global E-Bike Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.