Global Eating Disorders (EDs) Market By Type (Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, Pica, Rumination Disorder, Avoidant or Restrictive Food Intake Disorder, Others), Drugs (Antidepressants, Antipsychotics, Calcium Plus Vitamin D Supplement, Gastrointestinal Stimulants, Others), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct, Retail), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Eating Disorders (EDs) Market
Global eating disorders (EDs) market is expected to rise with a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing cases of patients suffering from anorexia and bulimia. The report contains data from the historic year of 2017, base year of 2018.
Market Definition: Global Eating Disorders (EDs) Market
Eating disorder is not a new disease; this is an appetite disorder which is related to modern lifestyle. People decrease the normal food consumption to bring the body into shape and reduce the weight. Eating disorder can also occurs due to the other psychiatric illnesses which include depression, anxiety disorder, substance abuse and other similar conditions. According to the World Eating Disorder Action Day estimation, approximately 70 million people are affected by eating disorder, which includes binge eating disorder, bulimia, anorexia, and otherwise specified feeding eating disorders (OSFED). According to the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders report, In U.S. approximately 30 million people are suffering from an eating disorder.
- Increasing cases of patients suffering from anorexia and bulimia is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Genetics, unusual level of biochemical in the body is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Rising stress is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Psychological and environmental factors is also expected to boost the growth of the market
- Stringent regulatory policies can also act as a restricting factor for this market growth
- Limited operating revenue opportunities for research and development of targeted therapies by many pharmaceuticals is acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
- Low healthcare budget in some developing countries is hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Eating Disorders (EDs) Market
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Rumination Disorder
- Avoidant or Restrictive Food Intake Disorder
- Calcium Plus Vitamin D Supplement
- Gastrointestinal Stimulants
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2019, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received FDA approval for its dasotraline which can used to treat of moderate to severe binge-eating disorder. Dasotraline is a dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. This product approval has created a milestone for the company
- In June 2019, Shire (A subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company) received FDA’s extended approval for its Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate). This drug is used for the treatment of binge-eating disorder in adults. This product approval will expand the company’s product portfolio for the market
Global eating disorders (EDs) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of eating disorders (EDs) market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global eating disorders (EDs) market are GlaxoSmithKline plc., INSYS THERAPEUTICS, INC, Omeros Corporation, KUHNIL, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Alkermes, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Abbott, Novo Nordisk A/S, Sanofi, Eisai Co., Ltd., Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Amgen Inc., Nestlé, BioGaia AB, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Cannabics Pharmaceuticals Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company among others.
Research Methodology: Global Eating Disorders (EDs) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global eating disorders (EDs) market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)