Global Epididymitis Treatment Market By Types (Acute and Chronic), Mechanism of Action (Antibiotics, Analgesics, NSAIDs and Others), Drugs (Doxycycline, Ciprofloxacin, Codeine, Piroxicam and Others), Diagnosis (STI Screening, Urine Test, Blood Test and Ultrasound), Treatment (Medication, Home Remedies and Surgery), Route of Administration (Oral, Intravenous and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy and Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Epididymitis Treatment Market
Global epididymitis treatment market is growing at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of sexually transmitted infections, prevalence of unprotected sex, changing lifestyle and having multiple sexual partners, increasing research and development by the major companies for the treatment of sexually transmitted infections and increasing governmental initiatives to spread awareness through campaigns or free diagnostic camps are some factors fueling the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Epididymitis Treatment Market
Epididymitis is an inflammation of epididymis, a coiled tube present at the back of the testicles where semen stores and maturation of sperms takes place. It is most often caused by a bacterial infection or sexually transmitted infection such as such as gonorrhea or chlamydia. Symptoms include pain and swelling in the testicles, painful urination and discomfort in the lower abdomen or pelvic area.
According to Healthengine the occurrence of epididymitis and orchitis conditions in isolation is rare, they normally occur together. It is estimated that in the U.S there are 600,000 cases of this condition occur each year, most commonly occur in between the age group of 19 to 35.
- Increasing prevalence of sexually transmitted infections is driving the market growth
- Prevalence of unprotected sex can also act as a market driver
- Changing lifestyle and having multiple sexual partners can also augment the growth of this market
- Increasing research and development by the major companies for the treatment of sexually transmitted infections is accelerating the market growth
- Lack of awareness amongst people about sexual infections is hindering the market growth
- Low rate of screening for orchitis due to social stigma also hampers the market growth
- Huge proportion of patients infected with such sexual infections are present in such geographical regions that are out-of-reach which acts as a major factor restricting the market growth
Segmentation: Global Epididymitis Treatment Market
By Mechanism of Action
- STI Screening
- Urine Test
- Blood Test
- Home Remedies
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In May 2019, Hologic, Inc and Cepheid received the U.S FDA clearance for Aptima Combo 2 assay and the Xpert CT/NG devices respectively for the extragenital testing of chlamydia and gonorrhea, sexually-transmitted infections. The approval of these two tests will allow more screening reaching out in curing the maximum unmet public health need
- In March 2019, Clarus Therapeutics received the U.S FDA approval for testosterone undecanoate, an oral capsule to treat men with certain forms of hypogonadism due to Klinefelter syndrome, epididymitis or mumps virus infection. This drug provided an important addition to current treatment options available for men with hypogonadism, who till now have been treated with testosterone products that are applied to the skin or injected
Global epididymitis treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of epididymitis treatment drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global epididymitis treatment market are Pfizer Inc, Bayer AG, Novartis AG, Abbott, AbbVie Inc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Eli Lilly and Company, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck & Co., Inc, Gilead Sciences, Inc, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, bioMérieux, Inc, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc, Promega Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc among others.
Research Methodology: Global Epididymitis Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global epididymitis treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.