Global Ethylene Market By Application (Polyethylene, Ethylene Oxide, Ethylene Benzene, Ethylene Dichloride, Alpha Olefins, Vinyl Acetate, HDPE, LDPE), Feedstock (Naphtha, Ethane, Propane, Butane, Others), End- Use (Building & Construction, Soaps & Detergents, Automotive, Textiles, Packaging, Agrochemical), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Ethylene Market
Global ethylene market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 8.95% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing demand of ethylene in chemical industry and rising usage of ethylene in automotive coolants are the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Ethylene Market
Ethylene is colorless flammable gases which usually have sweet and unpleasant taste and smell. They are usually derived from natural gas and petroleum and are widely used to heal aging and ripening process in plants. They are mainly used for polymerization, alkylation, oxidation, hydration, halogenation and hydrohalogenation and others. They are also used in the manufacturing of plastics, rubber of tires, footwear and others. Increasing usage of ethylene in industries such as automotive, textile, packaging, agrochemical and others is the factor fuelling the growth of this market.
- Rising demand for ethylene oxide for the manufacturing of plastics will drive market
- Increasing production of shale gas is increasing ethane production which is also acting as a driver for this market
- Low production cost of the gas will also drive the market growth
- Increasing demand of ethylene from various end- users is also driving the market
- Fluctuation in the price of raw material is restraining the market growth
- Strict government rules related to the use of ethylene will also hamper market
Segmentation: Global Ethylene Market
- Ethylene Oxide
- Ethylene Benzene
- Ethylene Dichloride
- Alpha Olefins
- Vinyl Acetate
By End- Use
- Building & Construction
- Soaps & Detergents
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, Catalytic Generators announced the launch of their Easy-Ripe XT which will be used create ethylene on the room exteriors and can create ethylene output into the room by using flue system. It has the ability to control and monitor the ethylene level in srorage, ripening and degreening room. It also has ethylene sensing system which will help to improve the sensibility and accuracy of the sensor.
- In September 2015, Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited announced that they have acquired ethylene cracker located in Lake Charles, which has the ability to produce 30,000 tonnes of propylene and 370,000 tonnes of ethylene per year. This acquisition will help the IVL to get cost-efficient propane and ethane feedstock.
Global ethylene market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of ethylene market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Ethylene Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global ethylene market are DuPont de Nemours, Inc., BASF SE, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A., INEOS, Sasol, Royal Dutch Shell, SABIC, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Westlake Chemical Corporation, Braskem, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Huntsman International LLC, Uz-Kor Gas Chemical, Praxair Technology, Inc., The Linde Group, NOVA Chemicals Corporation, Dycon Chemicals., Welcome to Süd-Chemie India Pvt Ltd, NIPPON SHOKUBAI CO., LTD.and others.
Research Methodology: Global Ethylene Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved