Global Ewing Sarcoma Drug Market By Types (Bone Tumor, Soft Tissue (Extra-Osseous) Tumor, Peripheral Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor (pPNET) and Askin Tumor), Diagnosis (Physical Exam, Blood Test, Positron Emission Tomography Scan ( PET Scan), X-Rays, Bone Scan, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Computed tomography scan (CAT/CT scan), Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy), Treatment (Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, Bone Marrow Transplantation/Stem Cell Transplantation and Surgery), Mechanism of Action (Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors (TKIs), Monoclonal Antibody, Checkpoint Inhibitors, Vaccines) Drugs Type (Vincristine, Cyclophosphamide, Doxorubicin, Etoposide, Ifosfamide and Dactinomycin), Route of Administration (Oral, Intravenous and Others), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, South America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Ewing Sarcoma Drug Market
Global Ewing sarcoma drug market is expected to grow at a steady CAGR of in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing incidence of Ewing sarcoma worldwide, initiatives taken by government organizations to reduce the rate of morbidity caused by Ewing sarcoma, development in the healthcare expenditure and the government support for the research & development for new and better treatment have fueled the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Ewing Sarcoma Drug Market
Ewing sarcoma is a rare type of tumor that occurs in the bones or soft tissues such as cartilage or nerves around the bones. This type of cancer often begins in the long bones of the legs, arms and pelvis. It usually affects people between the age group of 10 to 20, but it can occur at any age and has a high rate of being cured. Symptoms include bone pain, localized swelling and tenderness, in rare cases bone fractures may also be found.
According to WHO report primary bone tumors account for 5% of all cancers in childhood and Ewing sarcoma is the second most common bone tumor in this age group. The incidence of Ewing sarcoma in the US between 1973 and 2004 was estimated to be approximately 3 per 1,000,000.
- Increasing incidence of Ewing sarcoma worldwide is driving the market growth
- Initiatives taken by government organizations to reduce the rate of morbidity caused by Ewing sarcoma is also boosting the growth of this market
- Increase in research and development activities to launch an approved treatment for Ewing sarcoma by leading players can act as a market driver
- Strong pipeline of novel molecules for the treatment of the Ewing sarcoma also acts as a market driver
- No approved treatments are available for Ewing sarcoma which can restrict the growth of this market
- Lack of awareness amongst people about the Ewing sarcoma may act as a market restraint
- High cost of chemotherapy also hampers the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Ewing Sarcoma Drug Market
- Bone Tumor
- Soft Tissue (Extra-Osseous) Tumor
- Peripheral Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor (pPNET)
- Askin Tumor
- Physical Exam
- Blood Test
- Positron Emission Tomography Scan ( PET Scan)
- Bone Scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed tomography scan (CAT/CT scan)
- Bone marrow aspiration
By Mechanism of Action
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors (TKIs)
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Checkpoint Inhibitors
By Drugs Type
By Route of Administration
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2018, Cellectar Biosciences, Inc received orphan drug designation from FDA for their novel drug CLR 131 for the treatment of Ewing sarcoma. This is an investigational radio iodinated phospholipid drug conjugate therapy designed to exploit the tumor-targeting properties of the company's proprietary phospholipid ether (PLE) and PLE analogs to selectively deliver radiation to malignant tumor cells. This reduces radiation exposure to normal tissues
- In January 2018, Researchers at Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center discovered CDK12 inhibitor, a new drug target for the treatment of Ewing sarcoma. The CDK12 inhibition can kill Ewing sarcoma cells bringing a surge of hope to the field of pediatric oncology
Global Ewing sarcoma drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Ewing sarcoma drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Key market players in the global Ewing sarcoma drug market are Merck & Co., Inc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Abbott, Sanofi, Bausch Health, Eli Lilly and Company, AbbVie Inc, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Amgen Inc, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Bayer AG, DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED, CELGENE CORPORATION, Eisai Co., Ltd, Gradalis, Inc, Incyte Corporation and few others.
Research Methodology: Global Ewing Sarcoma Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global Ewing sarcoma drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.