Market Analysis: Global Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market
Global Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 3.96 billion to a projected value of USD 7.09 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.57% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the large number of therapies and drugs in the pipeline of major pharmaceutical companies currently present in the market.
Market Definition: Global Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market
Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency is a disorder which causes the pancreas to behave improperly resulting in the lack of generation of digestive enzymes required for the proper digestion of food. It is majorly caused in humans suffering from cystic fibrosis. The therapeutics currently prevalent in the market includes lifestyle changes, management of nutritional intake enzyme replacement. The diagnostics procedures include testing the blood sample, various diagnostic imaging procedures and others.
- Increase in the prevalence of diabetes globally which is one of the major factors behind the generation of cystic fibrosis which ultimately causes EPI; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Increasing expenditure incurred on healthcare and development of healthcare infrastructure along with increasing prevalence of the disorders are expected to positively affect the market growth
- Presence of strict regulations regarding the approval and commercialization of therapies across the various regions is expected to restrain the market growth
- Lack of advancements in technology and innovations for the treatment of disorders is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market
- By Type
- Nutritional Management
- Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapy (PERT)
- Lifestyle Modification
- Blood Tests
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanning
- Endoscopic Ultra-Sonography (EUS)
- By Therapeutic Drugs
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2018, VIVUS Inc. announced that, they had agreed to acquire the product rights for “PANCREAZE (pancrelipase)” from Janssen Global Services, LLC for the United States and Canada region. This acquisition will significantly improve the financial standpoint of the company and will improve the product offerings for the gastrointestinal disorders market.
- In December 2016, ALLERGAN announced that, they had received a positive opinion for marketing authorization of “ENZEPI® (pancrelipase)” in the European region from Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP). The product is a therapeutic PERT (Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapy) for patients suffering from Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI). This positive opinion is a big step in bringing this therapy into the market for the European region.
Competitive Analysis: Global Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market
Global exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) therapeutics and diagnostics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) therapeutics and diagnostics market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) therapeutics and diagnostics market are Eli Lilly and Company; AbbVie Inc.; VIVUS Inc.; Mayoly Spindler; ALLERGAN; Nordmark Arzneimittel GmbH & Co. KG; Janssen Global Services, LLC; PDL BioPHARMA; Cilian AG; Digestive Care, Inc.; Anthera and AzurRx.
Research Methodology: Global Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI) Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) therapeutics and diagnostics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)