Global Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Market By Component (Pumps, Oxygenators, Controllers, Cannula, Accessories), Patient Population (Infant, Adult, Pediatric), Age Group (Neonates, Pediatrics, Adults), Modality (Venovenous ECMO, Venoarterial ECMO, Arteriovenous ECMO), Indication (Respiratory Disorders, Cardiac Disorders, Extracorporeal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (ECPR)), End-User (Hospitals, Clinics, Diagnostic Centers, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct, Retail), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Market
Global extracorporeal membrane oxygenation market is expected to rise with a steady CAGR of 4.9% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the technological advancements in the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation market. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017.
Market Definition: Global Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Market
Global extracorporeal membrane oxygenation is a technique of providing respiratory and cardiac support to patients whose lungs and heart are incapable of providing the required amount of gaseous exchange. It is an option for patients undergoing a heart transplant or a lung transplant surgery. It is also used in the late stage treatment or post-cardiopulmonary bypass with lung/heart failure. It is also termed as a life support machine. ECMO circuit includes cannulas, pumps, blenders and oxygenators for oxygenating blood and removing carbon dioxide with the help of membrane oxygenator.
- Increasing prevalence of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases is expected to enhance the growth of the market
- Growing adoption of ECMO in lung transplantation process is another factor boosting the market growth
- Technological advancements in ECMO machine will also boost the growth of the market
- Increasing number of ECMO centres also acts as a market driver in the forecast period
- High cost associated with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation can impede the growth of this market
- Complications associated with ECMO such as bleeding, infections may hamper the growth of the market
- Absence of skilled professionals in the medical field who are well equipped to handle such devices also restricts the market growth
Segmentation: Global Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Market
By Patient Population
By Age Group
- Venoarterial ECMO
- Venovenous ECMO
- Arteriovenous ECMO
- Respiratory Disorders
- Cardiac Disorders
- Extracorporeal Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (ECPR)),
By End Use
- Diagnostic Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Development in the Market:
- In March 2019, Sidra launces first neonatal respiratory ECMO service in Middle East. The respiratory programme provides Renal Dialysis as well as ECMO. The company also launched a mobile ECMO unit which can be transported to other hospitals and can assist in saving the lives of infants requiring urgent need for an enhanced treatment and care. This service launch will provide respiratory and cardiac support to patient thus boosting the ECMO market
Global extracorporeal membrane oxygenation market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
The major competitors currently working in the global extracorporeal membrane oxygenation are Getinge AB, Medtronic, Terumo Medical Corporation, Nipro Medical Corporation, Sorin Group, Saint Gobain, Livanova PLC, OriGen Biomedical, EUROSETS, Alung Technologies Inc, Microport Scientific Corporation, Terumo Cardiovascular Systems Corporation, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global extracorporeal membrane oxygenation market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)