Global Flexible Battery Market, By Type (Thin-Film Battery, Printed Battery, Curved Battery, Other Types), Chargeability (Rechargeable Battery, Single-Use Battery), Application (Smart Packaging, Smart Cards, Wearable Devices, Medical Devices, Consumer Electronics, Entertainment, Wireless Communication, Other Applications), Geographical Segments (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)- Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Flexible Battery Market
The Global Flexible Battery Market is expected to reach USD 148.38 million by 2025 from USD 3065.03 million in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 46.01% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Flexible Battery Market
Flexible Batteries are light in weight and increasingly used in products which have limited internal space. It can be used as power source for curved surface devices as flexible batteries and are thin and bendable. These types of batteries are mostly eco-friendly and have low impact on environment. There are many companies which are going to use flexible batteries for the foldable smartphones Flexible batteries have wide application in consumer electronics, wireless communication, medical devices, smart packaging and other. According to Packaging SA South, in 2015, Africa consumed around 3.5 million tonnes of all packaging material, out of which 57% was used for recycling and other purpose. As per Statista, the European electronics consumer market is expected to account to USD 59,456 million in 2018 and it is estimated to grow by 78,903 million by 2020. Thus, it shows that the electronics and packaging market is growing and will derive the demand of flexible batteries.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Rising demand for wearable electronics
- increasing demand for thin and flexible batteries in electronic devices
- Fabrication of flexible lithium ion batteries
- Lack of standardization in the development of flexible batteries
Market Segmentation: Global Flexible Battery Market
- The market is based on type, chargeability, and application segments.
- Based on type, the market is segmented into thin-film battery, printed battery, curved battery and other types.
- Based on chargeability, the market is segmented into rechargeable battery and single-use battery
- Based on application, the market is segmented into smart packaging, smart cards, wearable devices, medical devices, consumer electronics, entertainment, wireless communication, other applications.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Flexible Battery Market
The global flexible battery is fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market in order to sustain in long run. The report includes market shares of flexible battery market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
In 2018, Huawei Company is aiming to launch its first foldable smartphone in 2019 which requires flexible screen, parts and flexible battery for the manufacturing of it products.
Key Players: Global Flexible Battery Market
The renowned players in flexible battery market are Apple Inc., Nokia Technologies, Front Edge Technology, Inc, STMicroelectronics, LG Chem Ltd., Samsung SDI Co., Ltd., Stmicroelectronics N.V., Enfucell OY Ltd., Ultralife Corp., Blue Spark Technologies, Inc., Brightvolt Inc., Panasonic Corp., NEC Energy Solutions Inc. Blue Spark Technologies, Inc., LG ChemLtd., and Fullriver Battery New Technology Co Ltd. among other.
Research Methodology: Global Flexible Battery Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: OEMs, Industrial Professionals, Researches, Suppliers and Distributors, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among other.