Global Flexible Display Market By Type (OLED, LCD, LED, EPD), Substrate Material (Glass, Plastic, Other Substrate Materials), Application (Smartphones and Tablets, Smart Wearables, Televisions and Digital Signage Systems, Personal Computers and Laptops, Monitors, Vehicle and Public Transport, Smart Home Appliances), Form Factor (Curved Display, Bendable and Foldable Display, Rollable Display), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Flexible Display Market
Global flexible display market is to register a healthy CAGR of 35.1% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the flexibility of the screen that can be bent and it tends to absorb the fall and collision. Flexible displays offer many more advantages such as lightweight, ultra-thin, shatter-proof, and unbreakable
Market Definition: Global Flexible Display Market
Flexible display is thin, unbreakable and flexible in nature. These displays do not have any limitations such as size and weight which enables them to fold or bend without any alteration. This technology uses active-matrix display such as thin film transistor built on plastic substrate. These are used in various sectors such as consumer electronics, health care, military and defence and other industries.
- Increasing demand for OLED-based devices in various industries is driving the growth of the market
- Various advantages of flexible display is driving the market growth
- Advancement in technology that provides attractive, energy efficient and high specification flexible display is boosting the market growth
- High levels of manufacturing difficulties is restraining the growth of the market
- OLED flexible display is sensitive to air and moisture due to its material which is hampering the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Flexible Display Market
By Substrate Material
- Other Substrate Materials
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Smart Wearables
- Televisions and Digital Signage Systems
- Personal Computers and Laptops
- Vehicle and Public Transport
- Smart Homes Appliances
By Form Factor
- Curved Display
- Bendable and Foldable Display
- Rollable Display
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In June 2019, Samsung patents flexible display to take wearable gaming to the next level.The device can be worn on the wrist in a multiple ways and the device consist of two displays. It will have the usual apps like calendar, emails, app store, music player and camera with quite flexible display that can create an eight shaped loop. This patents will help the company to enhance its product portfolio in the market
- In July 2019, LG launched the world’s first rollable OLED TV R which consists of flexible screen technology that allows the screen to roll up and roll back out. This launch will provide advanced digital entertainment device which takes minimum space and three different viewing options such as full view, view, and zero view.
Global flexible display markets is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of flexible display markets for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global flexible display market are LG Display Co.,Ltd; BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd., Japan Display Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., SAMSUNG, Apple Inc., Corning Incorporated, DuPont and Dow, ASUSTeK Computer Inc., BenQ Materials Corporation, AU Optronics Corp., BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd., Bolymin Inc., CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD., Chunghwa Picture Tubes, LTD., Planar Systems, Inc.,Toshiba India Pvt. Ltd.
Research Methodology: Global Flexible Display Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved