Global Flue Gas Desulphurization System Market, By Type (Wet FGD System, Dry & Semi- Dry FGD System), Installation (Greenfield, Brownfield), End- User (Power Generation, Chemical, Cement Manufacturing, Iron & Steel), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Flue Gas Desulphurization System Market
Global Flue Gas Desulphurization System Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 16.94 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 26.45 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.73% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increase in the use of coal power generation is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Flue Gas Desulphurization System Market
To remove sulphur dioxide from exhaust flue gases of fossil fuels power plant and from other sulphur oxide emitting processes, FGD or flue gas desulphurization technology is used. This sulphur oxide is very harmful for the environment as they are responsible for acid rains and is also hazardous for the health. The most common FGD are lime or limestone This technology include wet scrubbing technology which includes wet limestone, limestone forced oxidation and magnesium- enhanced lime while on the other hand dry scrubbing technology constitutes lime spray drying, furnace sorbent injection, duct sorbent injection etc. The highest sulphide oxide removal efficiency is achieved y wet scrubbers and lowest by dry scrubber but now with the new design that is improved.
- To provide nutrients to crop and improve soil structure, FGD are used as soil amendment.
- They remove sulphur oxide which is harmful for the environment as they produce acid rains.
- Installation costs of FGD systems are very high.
- They require high operational energy.
Segmentation: Global Flue Gas Desulphurization System Market
- By Type
- o Wet FGD System
- o Dry & Semi- Dry FGD Systems
- By Installation
- o Greenfield
- o Brownfield
- By End- User
- o Power Generation
- o Chemical
- o Iron & Steel
- o Cement Manufacturing
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2019, Hengyuan Refining Bhd., are investing USD 66.4 million to develop a hydrogen manufacturing unit for the production of cleaner fuel. Hydrogen from the new unit will be used to the refinery’s hydrodesulfurization Unit No. 2 as well as other extractive desulfurization hydrotreating processes at the site to help meet Malaysia’s upcoming 10-ppmw Euro 5 gas oil sulfur specification.
- In January 2019, China National Offshore Oil Corp. and Petrochemical Co. Ltd has completed their testing of diesel liquid- phase hydrogenation (DHT) for the production of China VI diesel. This unit have DuPont Clean Technologies which has emission lowering technology and wet-scrubbing catalytic cracking flue gas desulfurization technology
Competitive Analysis: Global Flue Gas Desulphurization System Market
Global flue gas desulphurization system market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of flue gas desulphurization system market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Flue Gas Desulphurization System Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in flue gas desulphurization system market are Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., General Electric, Doosan Lentjes, Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc., RAFAKO- EPC, Siemens, FLSmidth, Hamon Corporation, Clyde Bergemann Limited, Marsulex Environmental Technologies, Thermax Global, Andritz, Burns & McDonnell, Alstom, Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd., DUCON.
Research Methodology: Global Flue Gas Desulphurization System Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved