Global Fog Computing Market, By Offering (Hardware, Software), Application (Building & Home Automation, Smart Energy, Smart Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics, Connected Health, Security & Emergencies, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Fog Computing Market
Global Fog Computing Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 32.41 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 1317.48 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 58.9% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This trend of rising market value can be attributed to the increased data security in fog computing and ability to perform real-time operations on the same.
Market Definition: Global Fog Computing Market
Fog computing is a decentralized architecture platform, which is an extension of cloud computing facilitating the user of source of data to compute, store, modify employ any applications so that efficiency can be achieved and real-time operations can take place. Increased security and bandwidth accompany fog computing which is expected to act as a major market driver.
- Limitations of bandwidth in the already present Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure and with that drawback not the present in fog computing; market is expected to grow significantly
- Increased data security with the usage of fog computing and availability of ability to perform real-time operations is also expected to drive the market growth
- Lack of technically informed individuals and population regarding fog computing is expected to restrain the market growth
- Absence of any set standardization for fog computing is also expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Fog Computing Market
- By Offering
- Fog Computing Platform
- Customized Application Software
- By Application
- Building & Home Automation
- Smart Energy
- Smart Manufacturing
- Transportation & Logistics
- Connected Health
- Security & Emergencies
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2016, IBM Corporation and Cisco announced collaboration for the integration of IBM Corporation’s Watson software into Cisco’s fog computing platform.
- In March 2016, ADLINK Technology (PrismTech) announced the release of Vortex 2.1 Intelligent Data Sharing Platform for the Internet of Things (IoT), providing hosting for different apps for Cisco platforms in fog computing.
Competitive Analysis: Global Fog Computing Market
Global fog computing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of fog computing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Fog Computing Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the fog computing market are Cisco, Microsoft, Arm Limited, Intel Corporation, General Electric, FUJITSU, Schneider Electric, TOSHIBA CORPORATION, ADLINK Technology, Dell, Nebbiolo Technologies, FogHorn Systems, SAP SE, AT&T Intellectual Property., Cradlepoint Inc., IBM Corporation, VIMOC Technologies Inc., and Cyxtera Technologies Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Fog Computing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key Market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the Market Segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved