Global Food Pathogen Testing Market By Type (E.coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Campylobacter, Others), Technology (Traditional, Rapid), Application (Meat & Poultry, Dairy Products, Processed Food, Fruit & Vegetable, Cereals & Grains), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Food Pathogen Testing Market
Global food pathogen testing market is registering a substantial CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increasing foodborne diseases among people worldwide may propel the food pathogen market to grow. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.
Market Definition: Global Food Pathogen Testing Market
Pathogen testing in food mainly involves detection of forms of bacterial contamination by pathogens such as E. coli, Campylobacter and Staphylococcus, Salmonella, Listeria and others. Pathogen testing in food using real-time, quantitative PCR (qPCR) results faster food analysis. In recent era, increase in foodborne diseases requires control from spread, so various food industries are utilizing testing methods in order to provide better quality food products among consumers. Hence demands for food pathogen testing products are increasing. Various techniques such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and immunomagnetic separation (IMS) have developed in market for rapid and sensitive detection of foodborne pathogens.
- Increasing incidents of food poisoning worldwide can act as a market driver
- Rising consumer awareness regarding food safety also drives the market growth
- Use of advanced pathogen testing kits; this factor is expected to drive the growth of this market
- Increase in research and development expenditure can also boost the market growth
- Lack of knowledge and awareness about food safety regulations; may restrict the growth for the food pathogen testing market
- Lack of technical expertise can also impede the market growth
- Lack in proper implementation of regulations; may hamper the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Food Pathogen Testing Market
- Meat & Poultry
- Dairy Products
- Processed Food
- Fruit & Vegetable
- Cereals & Grains
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Hygiena, a food safety and environmental sanitation testing company acquired Biomedal’s Food Safety division to its portfolio. Biomedal Food Safety, acquired from Seville which is Spain-based Biomedal offers wide range of allergen tests products. This acquisition helped the company to increase their product portfolio by adding Biomedal’s products for the pathogen testing in food products
- In November 2015, bioMérieux has launched GENE-UP. GENE-UP is a new PCR-based molecular diagnostic system used for the detection of microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses in food, raw materials and others. This product is useful for testing pathogens in the food chain, such as Escherichia coli O157:H7, Salmonella, Listeria and others. With this launch, the company has increased its product portfolio and also increased their revenue by providing it in market
Global food pathogen testing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of food pathogen testing market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global food pathogen testing market are SGS SA, Bureau Veritas S.A., Intertek Group Plc, Eurofins Scientific, Merieux NutriSciences Corporation., IFP Institut Fr Produktqualitt GmbH, ALS Limited, Microbac Laboratories, Inc., DNA DIAGNOSTIC A/S, InstantLabs, Neogen Food Safety, 3M, Romer Labs Division Holding GmbH, Merck KGaA, Charm Sciences, Invisible Sentinel, Promega Corporation, QIAGEN, Neogen Corporation among others.
Research Methodology: Global Food Pathogen Testing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of Market Segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market Drivers and Restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure