Global Function Driven Metagenomics Market By Product (Kits & Reagents, Sequencing & Data Analytics Services, Instruments, Consumables, Others), Application (Environmental, Human Health, Agriculture, Biotechnology, Biofuel, Others), End-Users (Pharmaceutical Industries, Biotechnology Companies, Research Laboratories, Pathology Laboratories, Academic & Research Institutes, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Function Driven Metagenomics Market
Global function driven metagenomics market is expected to register a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the significant surge in the adoption of next-generation sequencing methods and an increase in the application areas for the same.
Market Definition: Global Function Driven Metagenomics Market
Metagenomics is the study of genetic samples extracted from the environment, wherein this technique is utilized for the analysis of DNA of the samples. This technique is utilized for the study of microorganisms present in the environment. Function driven metagenomics is used for high quality analysis of microbes and their relation to genomes in respect to their functioning in the environment.
- Further advancements of technologies and methods for functional metagenomics is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing applications of function-driven metagenomics for understanding gut microbes and genes in humans is expected to augment growth of the market
- Large costs associated with the overall metagenomics system is expected to restrict the adoption of the market
- Lack in the availability of infrastructure, instruments and capabilities is also expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Function Driven Metagenomics Market
- Kits & Reagents
- Library Preparation Kits
- Sample Extraction Kits
- Metagenomic Sequencing Kits
- Sequencing & Data Analytics Services
- Human Health
- Infectious Disease Diagnostics
- Gut Microbe Characterization
- Biosurfactants & Antibiotics Production
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Microbial Diversity
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Biotechnology Companies
- Research Laboratories
- Pathology Laboratories
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Environmental Institutes
- Chemical Companies
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, The 3Rd Open Conference of Functional Metagenomics International was held in Trondheim, Norway from June 16-19, 2019. The conference depicted their discussion topics varying from phylogenetic and functional survey of the environment; tools, methods and the areas of application of functional metagenomics; while also focusing on enzyme and bioactive compound discovery with the help of metagenomics
- In January 2018, Zymergen announced that they had acquired Radiant Genomics, which will help bring all of the associated functional metagenomics technologies to Zymergen’s platform. This will help in increasing the capabilities of Zymergen for identification of agriculture, healthcare, chemicals, materials and other verticals. The technology available with Radiant helps researchers and scientists identify the most diverse products encoded inside the genomes of organisms which cannot be produced in labs
Global function driven metagenomics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of function driven metagenomics market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global function driven metagenomics market are Danaher; Merck KGaA; Illumina, Inc.; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; QIAGEN; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Novogene Corporation; PerkinElmer Inc.; Arc Bio, LLC; Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.; Agilent Technologies, Inc.; Promega Corporation; Takara Bio Inc.; IntegraGen; Zymergen; Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.; BGI; Eurofins Scientific; Macrogen Inc.; yaazhxenomics.com; CD Genomics; Microsynth AG; GENEWIZ; SciGenom Labs Pvt. Ltd; BaseClear B.V.; Swift Biosciences Inc.; ENTEROME; Aperiomics, Inc.; Second Genome and Cosmosid Inc among others.
Research Methodology: Global Function Driven Metagenomics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global function driven metagenomics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)