Global Functional Flour Market, By Application (Bakery Products, Soups & Sauces, RT e Products, Other Applications), By Type (Pre-Cooked Flours, Specialty Flours, Other Functional Flours), By Source (Cereals, Legumes), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Functional Flour Market
The global functional flour market was valued at USD 72.35 billion in 2017 and growing at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015 & 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Functional Flour Market
Functional flours are grain and non-grain flours modified to enhance the values of individual components for different applications through breeding, blending and by further processing. Consumers worldwide are adopting a combination of grains, cereals, lentils in everyday food for essential nutrients. In addition, an increasing allergy associated with gluten is fuelling the demand for non-wheat based flour. This is stocking demand for functional flours that are made of soy flour, rye flour, and oat flour among others. Food products made of functional flour contain low fat, more protein, fibre, and better nutritional advantages than wheat flour. The health benefits offered by different functional flours are now being recognized globally and governments are promoting the functional flours and assisting the manufacturers and suppliers. According to an article published recently by the U.S. flour Trends; the market value of functional flour in the Asia-Pacific region was approximately USD 50 billion in the year 2015. The major players in the functional flour market are making various developments such as launch of new products, opening new research and development centres, and new plants for contributing to the growth of the functional flour market.. In the year 2017 Archer Daniels Midland Company, a leading functional flour producer in Germany has launched new product under the brand name Nutriance. This is a range of innovative wheat protein concentrates with 85% protein as well as excellent digestibility, making it an ideal choice for both the booming sports and senior nutrition markets.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing consumption of convenience and healthy food products
- Increase in demand for premium food products
- Initiatives to promote functional flours
- Intensification of the global trade of functional flours
- Stringent government regulations
- Lack of infrastructure and technological resources in developing countries
Market Segmentation: Global Functional Flour Market
- The global functional flour market is segmented based on, type, application, type and geographical segments.
- Based on type, the global functional flour market is segmented into pre-cooked flours, specialty flours, and other functional flours
- On the basis of application, the global functional flour market is classified into bakery products, soups & sauces, RT e products, other applications.
- On the basis of source, the global functional flour market is classified into cereals, legumes.
- Based on geography, the global functional flour market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Functional Flour Market
The global functional flour market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of functional flour market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Functional Flour Market
Some of the major players operating in the global functional flour market are – Cargill, Incorporated, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Bunge Limited, Associated British Foods PLC, General Mills, Inc., The Scoular Company, Agrana Beteiligungs-AG, The Hain Celestial Group Inc., Sunopta, Inc, Parrish and Heimbecker, Limited, Scoular Company, The Hain Celestial Group Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Associated British Foods plc,., General Mills Inc., Parrish and Heimbecker Limited, Con Agra Foods Inc., and ITC Limited among others.
Research Methodology: Global Functional Flour Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others