Global Functional Proteins Market, By Type (Hydrolysates, Whey Protein Concentrates, Whey Protein Isolates, Casein & Caseinates, Soy Protein, Others), By Application (Functional Foods, Functional Beverages, Dietary Supplements, Animal Nutrition), By Source (Animal, Plant) By Form (Dry, Liquid), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Functional Proteins Market
Global functional proteins market is expected to reach USD 6.35 billion by 2025, from USD 4.19 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years2015 and 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Functional Proteins Market
Functional proteins are biochemical compounds containing polypeptides that carry out biological activities. For instance, the immunoglobulin’s present in colostrum has a positive impact on the immune system of animals. These proteins have some benefits such as improve health, lessen the effect of pathogens and reduce recovery time after intestinal disorder. According to CDC in the U.S., chronic diseases and conditions and the health risk behaviors that cause them account for most health care costs. Around 86.0% of all health care spending in 2010 was for people with one or more chronic medical conditions. Moreover, cardiovascular diseases (CVD) continue to be the main cause of mortality representing about 30% of all deaths worldwide. According to World Health Organization’s global status report, due to chronic diseases, around 57.0 million global deaths occurred in 2008, 36.0 million or 63%, were due to NCDs, cardiovascular diseases, cancers, diabetes and chronic respiratory diseases. NCDs are rising rapidly and are projected to exceed communicable, maternal, prenatal, and nutritional diseases as the most common causes of death by 2030. Due to rise in the chronic disease across the globe will help in growth of functional proteins market.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Increasing consumption of functional proteins by various end-user
- Technological advancement in the functional proteins
- Increasing cases of chronic diseases
- Increasing consumers awareness toward a healthy diet
- Regulations for animal proteins
- Stringent formulation
Market Segmentation: Global Functional Proteins Market
- The global functional proteins market is segmented based on type, application, source and form.
- Based on type, the global functional proteins market is segmented into hydrolysates, whey protein concentrates, whey protein isolates, casein & caseinates, soy protein and others.
- On the basis of application, the global functional proteins market is classified into functional foods, functional beverages, dietary supplements and animal nutrition.
- On the basis of source, the global functional proteins market is classified into animal and plant.
- On the basis of form, the global functional proteins market is classified into dry and liquid.
- Based on geography, the global functional proteins market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Functional Proteins Market
The global functional proteins market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of functional proteins market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Functional Proteins Market
Some of the major players operating in the global functional proteins market are Kerry Group PLC, Glanbia PLC, Arla Foods, Fonterra Co-Operative Group, Koninkijke DSM N.V., Archer Daniel Midland Company, Frieslandcampina, Saputo Ingredients, APC Inc., AMCO Proteins, Abbott Nutrition, Real Dairy Australia Pty Ltd, Cargill, Inc., Hilmar Ingredients, Gelita AG, Axiom Foods, Inc., Beneo GmbH, Sachsenmilch Leppersdorf GmbH, Devansoy Inc., World Food Processing, Milk Specialties Global, Havero Hoogwegt, Barentz, Armor Proteines, Carbery Group among others.
Research Methodology: Global Functional Proteins Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others