Global Gastrointestinal Diseases Drug Development Market By Disease Type (Gastroenteritis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Others), Molecular targets (Sodium Transporter NHE3 Inhibitor, Sphinogosine-1-Phosphate Receptor Functional Antagonist, Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) Blocker and Others), Marketed Drugs (Infliximab, Adalimumab, Mesalazine and Others), Clinical Trials (Etrolizumab, SHP647, ABX464, ASP3291 and Others), Route of Administration(Oral and Injectable), End- users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Gastrointestinal Diseases Drug Development Market
Global gastrointestinal diseases drug development market is rising gradually with a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Growing prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders worldwide and pharmaceuticals companies operating in gastrointestinal diseases pipeline space are the key factors for market growth.
Market Definition: Global Gastrointestinal Diseases Drug Development Market
Gastrointestinal diseases are defined as the condition or disease that occurs within the gastrointestinal tract. The gastrointestinal disorders includes constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, inflammatory bowel disease and hence forth. The patients with gastrointestinal disorders may experience abdominal pain and cramps, bloating and change in bowel habits.
According to the articles published in the Oxford University Press by Journal of the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology, it was estimated up to 270,000 patients are living with inflammatory bowel disease and 135,000 patients with Crohn’s disease in the Canada in the year of 2018. These growing cases of gastrointestinal diseases and high demand of disease specific treatment are factors to drive the market growth.
- Introduction of biologics for the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases is boosting the gastrointestinal diseases drug development market
- High prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders worldwide will drive the market growth
- On-going clinical trial is being conducted by the many pharmaceuticals companies also acts as a market driver
- New launches of products annually is propelling the market growth
- Huge expenditure involved in research and development will restrict the market growth
- Patent expiry of major drugs and introduction of generic drugs of branded version is expected to hamper the market growth
- Limited success rate of novel therapies will hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Gastrointestinal Diseases Drug Development Market
By Disease Type
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
By Molecular targets
- Sodium Transporter Nhe3 Inhibitor
- Sphinogosine-1-Phosphate Receptor Functional Antagonist
- Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) Blocker
By Marketed Drugs
By Clinical Trials
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Knight Therapeutics Inc, filed New Drug Submission (NDS) to the Health Canada for Ibsrela, (tenapanor), an oral sodium transporter NHE3 inhibitor for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome in patients with constipation. Upon approval of Ibsrela, it will change the treatment landscape to the physician as well as patients suffering from irritable bowel syndrome throughout the Canada
- In November 2018, Ardelyx received FDA’s acceptance of New Drug Application (NDA) for Tenapanor, sodium transporter NHE3 inhibitor for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome in patients with constipation. If approved it will shift from standard symptomatic treatment to the disease specific treatment
Global gastrointestinal diseases drug development market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global gastrointestinal diseases drug development market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global gastrointestinal diseases drug development market are Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd, Ardelyx, Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group）Co., Ltd., RedHill, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Avexegen Therapeutics, Inc., Knight Therapeutics Inc., Daewon Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Metacrine, Vaxart, Inc, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, SynAct Pharma AB, Sequella, Inc, Prometic Life Sciences Inc, SHIELD THERAPEUTICS, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Salix Pharmaceuticals, Abbott, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Pfizer Inc, ABIVAX among others
Research Methodology: Global Gastrointestinal Diseases Drug Development Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global gastrointestinal diseases drug development market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players