Global Gastroparesis Market By Type (Idiopathic, Diabetic, Post- Surgical, Others), Drug Class (Prokinetic Drugs, Antiemetics, Botulinum Toxin Injection, Antidepressants, Others), Treatment (Jejunostomy, Gastric Electric Stimulation, Parenteral Nutrition, Diabetic Gastroparesis, Chronic Gastroparesis, Idiopathic Gastroparesis, Post-Operative Gastroparesis), Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Gastroparesis Market
Global gastroparesis market is set to witness a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing diabetes and rising health awareness among population is the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Gastroparesis Market
Gastroparesis is a condition in which the muscles of the stomach don’t function properly. This disease affects the movement of the muscle in stomach due to which they are not able to empty them properly. This disease can affect the blood sugar level & nutrition and can also cause nausea and vomiting. Diabetic, idiopathic, and post-surgical are some of the common types of the gastroparesis. For the treatment of these diseases, different drugs such as antidepressants, prokinetic drugs, antiemetic and others are used. They mainly occur when the vagus nerve get damaged because of diabetes or by any surgery of small or stomach intestine.
- Increasing cases of idiopathic gastroparesis will drive the market growth
- Rising surgeries can cause post-operative gastroparesis; which is also driving the market
- Increasing R&D by manufacturer for more advanced drug for the treatment of gastroparesis will also drive the market growth
- Rising prevalence of diabetes mellitus among population will also drive the growth
- Problems associated with the side effects of the gastroparesis drugs will restrain the market
- Strict regulations for the approval of new drugs will also hamper the market
- Lack of awareness about gastroparesis among population will also restrict the growth
Segmentation: Global Gastroparesis Market
- Post- Surgical
- Prokinetic Drugs
- Botulinum Toxin Injection
- Gastric Electric Stimulation
- Parenteral Nutrition
- Diabetic Gastroparesis
- Chronic Gastroparesis
- Idiopathic Gastroparesis
- Post-Operative Gastroparesis
By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2017, EndoLogic announced that they have acquired the right of renzapride from Alizyme, plc which is developed so that it can be used as a prokinetic agent for the gastrointestinal tract. The main aim of the acquisition is to address the poorly-served therapeutic area of diabetic gastroparesis
- In March 2016, CAIRN DIAGNOSTICS announced the launch of their new 13-C-Spirulina Gastric Emptying Breath Test which is specially designed for the treatment of gastroparesis. This new test is non- invasive & non- radioactive and will provide fast and exact diagnosis. This new kit has test meal which consists of an egg mixture with pharmaceutical-grade Spirulina platensis and other components for administration
Global gastroparesis market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of gastroparesis market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global gastroparesis market are Medtronic, Neurogastrx, Inc., Endologic, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited., ALLERGAN, Theravance Biopharma, Evoke Pharma, CAIRN DIAGNOSTICS, and others
Research Methodology: Global Gastroparesis Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global gastroparesis market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)