Global Gene Editing Tools Market By Product (CRISPR/Cas9, ZFNs, TALENs, Viral Systems, Transposon Systems, Others), Application (Veterinary Medicine, Cell Line Engineering, Bioremediation, Food & Brewing Development, Food Waste Management, Bio Sensing Development, Others), Disease Application (Sickle Cell Disease, Heart Disease, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s Disease, Obesity, Others), End-User (Biotech & Pharma Companies, CROs, Academic & Research Institutes, Food Industry, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Gene Editing Tools Market
Global gene editing tools market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 17.63% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing preferences in demands for personalized medicine.
Market Definition: Global Gene Editing Tools Market
Gene editing also known as genome editing is the method of modifications of DNA focusing on replacement and deletion of these DNA from a specific location inside of a genome in an organism/cell. This process requires specialized tools to be carried out and is generally undertaken in different labs with the help of engineered nucleases.
- Increasing prevalence of long-term chronic illnesses such as Alzheimer’s, heart disease, diabetes, cancer and various others resulting in high demands for this market
- Increasing efficiency and effectiveness of genome editing methods with the help of these tools is expected to drive the market growth
- Growing areas of application for genome editing is expected to drive its demand
- Rising levels of investments in R&D for life sciences and scientific research; this factor is expected to boost the market growth
- Complications associated with the patent dispute amongst the various companies dealing in this market is the major factor restricting the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Gene Editing Tools Market
- Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR/Cas9)
- Zinc Finger Nucleases (ZNFs)
- Transcription Activator-Like Effector Nucleases (TALENs)
- Viral Systems
- Transposon Systems
- Veterinary Medicine
- Cell Line Engineering
- Food & Brewing Development
- Food Waste Management
- Bio Sensing Development
By Disease Application
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Heart Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Biotech & Pharma Companies
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Food Industry
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2019, ERS Genomics announced that they had agreed to a licensing agreement with Bioneer A/S resulting in ERS Genomics’ genome editing intellectual property of “CRISPR/Cas9”. This agreement will help in the expansion of Bioneer’s biomedical research capabilities which further helps in enhancing the expertise of the company
- In June 2019, Researchers from Harvard University and MIT’s Broad Institute partnered and developed a new gene editing method, known as “base editing”. This approach has been designed to insert or delete the genes in human cells not requiring the interruption or breaking the double helix strands of DNA
Global gene editing tools market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of gene editing tools market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global gene editing tools market are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; CRISPR Therapeutics; Editas Medicine; National Human Genome Research Institute; Intellia Therapeutics, Inc.; Merck KGaA; Horizon Discovery Ltd.; GeneCopoeia, Inc.; ERS Genomics; Takara Bio Inc.; New England Biolabs; GenScript among others.
Research Methodology: Global Gene Editing Tools Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global gene editing tools market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)