Global Genome Sequencing Market By Product (Consumables, Systems & Software, Services), Technology (PCR, Sequencing, Microarray, Nucleic Acid Extraction & Purification, Others), Application (Diagnostics, Drug Discovery & Development, Precision Medicine, Agriculture & Animal Research, Others), End-User (Research Centers, Academic & Government Institutes, Hospitals & Clinics, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East And Africa) - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Genome Sequencing Market
Global genome sequencing market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 47.97 billion by 2026 registering a substantial CAGR of 13.95% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the rising government spending, rise in the applications of genomics and the declining sequencing costs.
Market Definition: Global Genome Sequencing Market
Genome sequencing is the process of mapping and sequencing of the unique DNA of a person. Genome represents the entire blueprint of a person’s human body. Genome sequencing helps to identify any significant variations in the genes, which are a bundle of DNA, in a person’s body which can cause a disease or increase the likelihood of a disease. It can be used to find out genome information about almost anything including bacteria, plants, and animals. It has its wide applicability in the medicine and pharma industry.
- Increased funding and initiative by the government to promote genome sequencing and its varied applicability in numerous projects accelerates the growth of this market
- Reduction in the costs of genome sequencing further boosts the growth of this market
- Growing applicability of genomes in various areas including diagnosis, animal research, agriculture, drug discovery, food and beverages etc.
- With changing environment of operations and advancements in technology, several new opportunities have been created thereby leading to the entry of new players and start-ups that would foster the growth of this market
- Expensive and high cost of genome equipments
- Lack of skilled professionals
Segmentation: Global Genome Sequencing Market
By Product and Services
- Systems & Software
- Nucleic Acid Extraction & Purification
- Other Technologies
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Precision Medicine
- Agriculture & Animal Research
- Other Applications
By End User
- Research Centers
- Academic & Government Institutes
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Other End Users
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2018, Illumina Inc., the genome sequencing giants acquires Pacific Biosciences, a developer and manufacturer of gene sequencing. With this acquisition it would combine its own short genome/DNA sequencing with the long-read sequencing technology of Pacific Biosciences in order to maintain its dominant position in the genomes market, and continue to remain the market leader. With this, it would be able to enter into a new market especially in the areas of rare and undiagnosed diseases, thereby expanding its customer base and providing innovative solutions and services to its clients.
- In June 2017, GATC Biotech AG, a leading company in genome sequencing was acquired by Eurofins, the global pioneering leader in bio-analytical testing including DNA, genome testing. With this acquisition Eurofins would expand its product portfolio and better serve its present and future clients by strengthening its genomics and genomic sequencing testing by acquiring the market leader in genomes.
Competitive Analysis: Global Genome Sequencing Market
Global genome sequencing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of genome sequencing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Genome Sequencing Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the genome sequencing market are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Illumina, Inc., QIAGEN, Eurofins Scientific, Agilent Technologies, Inc., Oxford Nanopore Technologies., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., BGI, Danaher., GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY, Eppendorf AG, Abbott, LI-COR, Inc., Siemens, PerkinElmer Inc., Macrogen Inc., DNASTAR, Geneious, Myriad Genetics, Inc., amongst others.
Research Methodology: Global Genome Sequencing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global genome sequencing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)