Global Glucose Sensors Market By Product (Invasive Glucose Monitoring, Non-Invasive Glucose Monitoring , Self-Glucose Monitoring ,Lab-Based Glucose Monitoring), Technology (Photo Acoustic Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography, Polarimetry, Fluorescence, MIR Spectroscopy, NIR Spectroscopy, Impedance Spectroscopy, Skin Suction Blister Technique, Sonophoresis, Reverse Iontophoresis), Component (Sensors, Transmitters & Receivers, Integrated Insulin Pumps), Demographics (Adult Population (>14 years), Children Population (≤14 years),End Users (Hospitals, Private Clinics, Home Care, Ambulatory Settings, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Glucose Sensors Market
Global glucose sensors market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 19.4% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. The rise in the market value can be attributed to increasing cases of diabetes, and rising awareness, increasing geriatric population and increasing use of CGM devices.
Market Definition: Global Glucose Sensors Market
Glucose sensors are compressed analytical device or an element, integrating a biological or biologically derivative sensitive recognition section combined with physiochemical transducer. These sensors are important for oral glucose lowering medication or insulin treatment to deliver data of glucose concentrations in body. These sensors are pretty effective in monitoring the glucose level in human body.
According to the International Diabetes Federation, in 2017, diabetes caused 4 million deaths in which around 425 million adults were living with diabetes and this number will rise to 629 million by 2045. The number of adults with diabetes who are living in low- and middle-income countries is around 79%. Large numbers of people suffering from diabetes are in between 40 and 59 years of age.
- · Rising number of diabetes patients is driving the market growth
- · Increase in research and development investments is accelerating the market growth
- · Accurate and precise data of the sensor is acting as a catalyst in market growth
- · Growing healthcare expenditure is increasing the market growth
- · Growing geriatric population is enhancing the market growth
- · Strict rules and high cost of the sensors is hampering the market growth
- · Emerging Economies is hindering the market growth
Segmentation: Global Glucose Sensors Market
· Invasive Glucose Monitoring
· Non Invasive Glucose Monitoring
· Lab Based Glucose Monitoring
· Self-Glucose Monitoring
o Blood Glucose Meter
o Blood Glucose Testing Strips
· Photo Acoustic Spectroscopy
· Optical Coherence Tomography
· MIR Spectroscopy
· NIR Spectroscopy
· Impedance Spectroscopy
· Skin Suction Blister Technique
· Reverse Iontophoresis
· Transmitters & Receivers
· Integrated Insulin Pumps
· Adult Population (>14 years)
· Children Population (≤14 years)
· Home Care
· Ambulatory Settings
· North America
· United Kingdom
· Rest of Europe
· South Korea
· South Korea
· New Zealand
· Rest of Asia-Pacific
· South America
· Rest of South America
· Middle East & Africa
· South Africa
· Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- · In June 2019, Nemaura Medical has received European approval to use needleless continuous glucose monitor on diabetic patients. This monitor was named as sugarBEAT. This device is paired with a smartphone app displaying glucose readings every five minutes. This approval would present a convenient alternate to the traditional methods used to monitor blood glucose to the patients
- · In March 2018, Medtronic plc announced that it has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for its Guardian Connect continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system. It is the first smart standalone CGM system which assists people with diabetes to protect them from high and low glucose events. This system would encourage people using multiple daily injections to control their diabetes
Global glucose sensors market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of glucose sensors market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Some of the major players operating in global glucose sensors market are AstraZeneca, BD, Eli Lilly and Company, Biocon, Sanofi, Smiths Group plc., Wockhardt Limited, Novo Nordisk A/S, Nipro, InjexUK, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Ypsomed, Mannkind Coroporation, Arkray, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Dexcom, Inc., Sannuo biosensor Ltd. and Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology- Global Glucose Sensors Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- · Current and future of global glucose sensors market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- · The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- · Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- · The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- · All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- · All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)