Global Graphite Market By Type (Natural Graphite, Synthetic Graphite), Application (Refractory, Foundry, Battery, Friction Product, Lubricant and Others), End-User Industry (Automotive, Power, Electronic), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Graphite Market
Global graphite market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 48.28 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the increasing demand for lithium-ion batteries and fuel cells and increasing use of graphite in the manufacturing of structural composite parts used in the aircrafts.
Market Definition: Global Graphite Market
Graphite is a naturally-occurring mineral which is formed when certain amount of heat and pressure is applied to it. The minerals are crystalline allotrope of the carbon that forms coal. Its application can be seen in neuron moderator, brake linings, steel making, lubricant, friction product, battery, foundry and refractory. Carbon nano tubes and graphite are also used in the heat resistant composites and in carbon fiber reinforced plastics (CFRP).
- Growing application of graphite in the wind energy industry; this factor will act as a driver for the market
- Increasing demand of graphite for lithium-ion batteries and fuel cells will also act as a driver for the market
- Increasing use of graphite in the manufacturing of structural composite parts used in the aircrafts
- Rising adoption of graphite in refractories due to its high thermal property will act as a driver for the market
- Stringent government regulations regarding the mining process; this factor will act as a restraint for the market
- Rising prices of graphite will also act as a restraint for the market
Global Graphite Market Segmentation:
- Natural Graphite
- Synthetic Graphite
- Friction Product
By End-User Industry
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, Gratomic has launched their first graphene which is a derived product of Gratomic Graphite. The graphite is mined from Namibia which is located in their Aukum Mine. The product can be used for the manufacturing of conductive pasted and inks. The formulated product will meet requirements of EMI shielding and printed flexible electronics market.
- Toyo Tanso Co., Ltd. launched Special Graphite products. This isotropic graphite has high reliability and ultra-heat resistance. The products also have excellent heat resistance which means they are optimum materials that can be used in high temperature heaters. They are widely used in metallurgical, electronics and environmental and energy related application.
Global graphite market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of graphite market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the graphite market are Northern Graphite, Asbury Carbons, Flinders Mines Limited, SHOWA DENKO K.K., Triton Minerals Ltd,, Hexagon Resources Limited, MASONGRAPHITE, Focus Graphite Inc., SGL Carbon, MERSEN, GrafTech International, HEG Limited, Toyo Tanso Co., Ltd. and many more.
Research Methodology: Global Graphite Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved