Global Graves Disease Treatment Market By Mechanism of Action (Anti-thyroid Agents, Beta Blockers, Corticosteroids and Others), Drugs (Propylthiouracil, Methimazole, Propranolol, Prednisone and Others), Diagnosis (Physical Exam, Blood Test, Radioactive Iodine Uptake Test, Ultrasound and Imaging Tests), Treatment (Medication, Radioactive Iodine Therapy, Surgery and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Intravenous and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, South America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Graves Disease Treatment Market
Global Graves disease treatment market is expected to grow at a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rise in number of patients with thyroid disorders, favorable reimbursement policies for treatment and increase in awareness about the complications associated with thyroid disorders and rising investment in the research & development of treatments for Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is expected to drive the market.
Market Definition: Global Graves Disease Treatment Market
Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder of the thyroid gland that causes hyperthyroidism, overproduction of the thyroid hormones. Immune system attacks the thyroid gland and causes inflammation which results in overactive thyroid and excessive production of thyroid hormones. A person with Graves’s diseases experiences symptoms like enlarged thyroid, anxiety, hand tremor, heat sensitivity, weight loss, puffy eyes among others.
According to the study conducted in Olmstead County, Minnesota, it estimates that the incidence of Graves disease is approximately 30 cases per 100,000 persons per year and the prevalence rate of maternal thyrotoxicosis is approximately 1 case per 500 persons, with maternal Graves disease being the most prevalent. Graves disease is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism in the United States.
- High prevalence of autoimmune diseases such as Grave’s disease and Hashimoto's thyroiditis is driving the market growth
- Various national health programs related to thyroid disease that raise awareness regarding such diseases further boosts the growth of this market
- Favorable reimbursement policies for the treatment
- Increasing iodine disorder and thyroid tumors screening is also fueling the market growth
- High costs associated with the treatment and the usage of alternative medicines for the treatment of thyroid disorders is hindering the market growth
- Side-effects associated with the current medication also restricts the market growth
- Stringent government regulations is hampering the market growth
Segmentation: Global Graves Disease Treatment Market
By Mechanism of Action Type
- Anti-thyroid Agents
- Beta Blockers
- Physical Exam
- Blood Test
- Radioactive Iodine Uptake Test
- Imaging Tests
- By Treatment
- Radioactive Iodine Therapy
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In June 2019, Horizon Therapeutics plc is developing teprotumumab, a complex protein that works by inhibiting the insulin-like growth factor I receptor (IGF-1R) for the treatment of Graves disease, currently ongoing in phase lll of OPTIC l trial. With this development the company provides better solution for the treatment of graves disease
- In June 2019, Apitope is developing a novel drug ATX-GD-59, a peptide mixture of two different, highly soluble apitopes derived from TSH-receptor for the treatment of Graves disease currently ongoing in phase l clinical trial. If approved it will become the first innovative treatment in more than 60 years and will provide potential treatment to target the immunological basis of Graves' disease
Global Graves disease treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Graves disease treatment market for Global Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global Graves disease treatment market are Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline plc, ALLERGAN, Novartis AG, Merck & Co., Inc, Sanofi, Pfizer Inc, AbbVie Inc, Mylan N.V, Apitope, Merck KGaA, Amgen Inc, , Horizon Therapeutics plc, Medtronic, Immunovant, Inc, among others
Research Methodology: Global Graves Disease Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global Graves disease treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.