Global H1N1 (Swine Flu) Vaccination Market, By Treatment type (influenza, meningococcal, cervical cancer, pneumococcal, hepatitis, measles, mumps, rubella), End User (Hospital, Clinics), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global H1N1 (Swine Flu) Vaccination Market
The Global H1N1 (Swine Flu) Vaccination Market is expected to reach USD 8.26 billion by 2025, from USD 0.6 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 17% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global H1N1 (Swine Flu) Vaccination Market
Swine flu is an infection caused by H1N1 virus, also known as swine flu virus. In 2009, H1N1 had spread rapidlyaround the world, so the World Health Organization called it a pandemic. The H1N1 virus mainly affects the respiratory system including nose, lungs and throat of the infected person. H1N1 virus can be classified on the basis of antigenicity of its surface glycoproteins neuraminidase and hemagglutinin. Vaccine, suspension of weakened, killed, or fragmented microorganisms or toxins or of antibodies or lymphocytes is administered primarily to prevent disease. The market for H1N1 flu is growing tremendously due to increased awareness. For instance, according to centers for disease control and prevention, in 2009 during pandemic approximately 60.8 million cases, 274,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths occurred due to H1N1 swine flu. There have been tremendous technological advancements in the field of vaccination in the last decade. For instance, in 2006, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services awarded $1 billion in funding to a number of vaccine makers, including GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, and MedImmune, to develop alternative production methods.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Cost of H1N1 Vaccine
- Vaccine awareness
- Side-effects of vaccine
- Availability of substitute treatment
- Limited consumer segments
- Ease in administration
Market Segmentation: Global H1N1 (Swine Flu) Vaccination Market
- The global H1N1 (swine flu) vaccination market is segmented based on treatment type, end user, and geographical segments.
- Based on treatment type, the market is segmented into influenza, meningococcal, cervical cancer, pneumococcal, hepatitis, measles, mumps and rubella.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospital and clinics
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Key Developments in the Market:
- January 2010: The World Health Organization defended itself against allegations it overhyped the dangers of H1N1 under pressure from vaccine manufacturers at a hearing of the Council of Europe's health committee.
- October, 2009: Baxter International (U.S) got approval from European Commission (EC) for marketing authorization of CELVAPAN H1N1 pandemic vaccine using Baxter’s Vero cell technology. CELVAPAN H1N1 is the first cell culture-based and non-adjuvant pandemic influenza vaccine to receive marketing authorization in the European Union.
Competitive Analysis: Global H1N1 (Swine Flu) Vaccination Market
The global H1N1 (swine flu) vaccination market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes global H1N1 (swine flu) vaccination market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global H1N1 (Swine Flu) Vaccination Market
Some of the major players operating in the global H1N1 (swine flu) vaccination market are Baxter Healthcare, GlaxoSmithKline, CSL, Medimmune (Astra Zeneca), Merck & Co. Inc, Novartis, Sanofi Pasteur, Sinovac, Hualan Biological Engineering Co., Novovax, Commonwealth Serum Laboratories, Zydus Cadila, Panacea Biotec, Shanghai Institute Of Biological Products, Sinovac Biotech LTD Butantan Institute, Cantacuzino Institute Of Sera And Vaccine, Changchun Institute Of Biological Product, Crucell N.V., Denka Seiken Co Ltd., Green Cross Corp., Glaxosmithkline Plc amongst others.
Research Methodology: Global H1N1 (Swine Flu) Vaccination Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Doctors, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global H1N1 (swine flu) vaccination market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- The report includes the complete segmentation displayed above across all above mentioned countries
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)