Global HbA1c Testing Market By Device Type (Handheld Device, Bench-Top Device), Technology (Ion-exchange HPLC, Enzymatic Assay, Affinity Binding Chromatography, Turbidimetric Inhibition Immunoassay, Other), End- User (Hospital, Homecare, Diagnostic Laboratory), Test Type (HbA1c Laboratory Testing, Hb1Ac Point of Care Testing), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global HbA1c Testing Market
Global HbA1c testing market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 10.25% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing diabetes and rising health awareness among population is the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global HbA1c Testing Market
HbA1c or hemoglobin A1c is a type of a hemoglobin which is usually constrained to glucose. HbA1c test is done to analyze the overall blood sugar level of the body. People with high Hn1Ac usually have complications associated with diabetes. Different technologies such as enzymatic assay, turbidimetric inhibition immunoassay and others are used in this testing. These tests are usually combined with other tests for the better results. Increasing diabetes among population is the factor fueling the growth of this market.
- Increasing diabetic population worldwide is driving the market
- Rising medical tourism will also propel the market growth
- Growing demand for accurate measurement of HbA1c level will also drive the market
- Rising healthcare expenditure will also contribute as a factor for the growth of this market
- Lack of compensation coverage is restraining the market growth
- Increasing accuracy concern among population will also hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global HbA1c Testing Market
By Device Type
- Handheld Device
- Bench-Top Device
- Ion-exchange HPLC
- Enzymatic Assay
- Affinity Binding Chromatography
- Turbidimetric Inhibition Immunoassay
By End- User
- Diagnostic Laboratory
By Test Type
- HbA1c Laboratory Testing
- Hb1Ac Point of Care Testing
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, Abbott announced that Afinion HbA1c Dx assay can be used on Afinion AS100 Analyzer and Afinion 2 Analyzer. This new assay has the ability to provide accurate HbA1c results which will help the patient to get early treatment. This is very beneficial to analyse glycemic control in diabetes.
- In July 2018, Sekisui Diagnostics announced that they have received approval from FDA for their SEKURE HbA1c assay which is specially designed for the treatment of diabetes mellitus. This will be used to calculate the amount of HbA1c fraction mmol/mol or HbA1c in the white blood of humans. This launch will help the company to expand their SK500 Clinical Chemistry System portfolio.
Global HbA1c testing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of HbA1c testing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global HbA1c testing market are Abbott, ARKRAY, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Danaher, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Siemens Healthcare GmbH, Transasia Bio-Medicals, Trinity Biotech Ireland, EKF Diagnostics, Randox Laboratories Ltd., HemoCue India, Eurolyser Diagnostica GmbH, Sekisui Diagnostics, Healio, Diazyme Laboratories, Inc., Beckman Coulter, Inc., A. Menarini Diagnostics s.r.l., Pacific Biomarkers, SEBIA, PTS Diagnostics, DiaSys Diagnostic Systems GmbH and others.
Research Methodology: Global HbA1c Testing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global HbA1c testing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)