Global Head Lice Treatment Market By Type (Pediculosis Capitis, Pediculosis Corporis, Pediculosis Pubis), Medication Type (OTC Products, Prescription Medications), Formulation (Lotion, Oil, Shampoo and Others), Drugs (Ivermectin, Spinosad, Permethrin, Pyrethrin and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Topical), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacy), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Head Lice Treatment Market
Global head lice treatment market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increase in strategic alliances between the pharmaceuticals companies and untapped emerging economies are the key factors that fueling the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Head Lice Treatment Market
Head lice are also known as pediculosis is tiny, wingless insects that live, feed and breed on the human scalp. Lice can survive away from human host for 10 days. The prominent symptom of lice is intense itching at the infected area.
According to an article published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in 2015, it was estimated that approximately 6 million to 12 million infestations occur each year within the United States.
- High prevalence of head lice and vulnerable pediatrics population is propelling the growth of this market
- New launches and emerging new markets is boosting the market growth
- High demand of disease specific novel treatment can also act as a market driver
- The competitive scenario of market and strategic collaborations may boost the market position
- Limited operating revenue opportunities for research and development of targeted therapies by many pharmaceuticals is acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
- Low healthcare budget in some developing countries is hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Head Lice Treatment Market
- Pediculosis Capitis
- Pediculosis Corporis
- Pediculosis Pubis
By Medication Type
- OTC Products
- Prescription Medications
By Route of Administration
By End Users
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacy
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2017, Alliance Pharmaceuticals Ltd has acquired worldwide rights for Vamousse, head lice product from TyraTech Inc for USD 17.5 million. With this acquisition, will represents third major international growth brand and expected to enhance the revenue from the sales of Vamousse.
- In September 2015, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd entered into a licensed agreement with Hatchtech for Xeglyze Lotion, metalloproteases inhibitor for the treatment of head lice. Under the deal terms, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories ltd gained exclusive rights to commercialize Xeglyze United States, Canada, India, Russia and the CIS, Australia, New Zealand and Venezuela. Hatchtech received an upfront payment of USD 10.00mm and up to USD 50.00 mm for commercial milestones.
Global head lice treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares global head lice treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global head lice treatment market are Arbor Pharmaceuticals, ICB PHARMA, Merck & Co., Inc, Eli Lilly and Compan, Galderma Laboratories, L.P., Edenbridge Pharmaceuticals, LLC, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, ParaPRO LLC, Medtech, Mylan N.V., Encube Ethicals, Bayer AG, Sanofi, Perrigo Company plc, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Hatchtech, Alliance Pharmaceuticals, Foamix Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd and others.
Research Methodology: Global Head Lice Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global head lice treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players