Global Heatstroke Treatment Market By Types (Exertional Heat Stroke and Non-Exertional Heat Stroke), Mechanism of Action (Antihistamines, Diuretics, Sedatives, Stimulants, Anticonvulsants, Vasoconstrictors and Others), Drugs (Dantrolene, Midazolam, Clonidine, Meperidine and Others), Diagnosis (Rectal Temperature, Blood Test, Urine Test, Muscle Function Test and Others), Treatment (Medication, Cold Therapy and Supportive Care), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy and Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Heatstroke Treatment Market
Global heatstroke treatment market is growing at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rising average Earth temperature due to global warming, all age groups are vulnerable to the exposure and increasing prevalence of heart and lung disorders, development in the healthcare expenditure and rise in investment from government, public & private organizations for the development of novel drugs are some of the factors fueling the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Heatstroke Treatment Market
Heatstroke is a condition which occurs when body temperature rises above 104 F or 40ºC in adults, and 105 F or 40.5ºC in children, as a result of prolonged exposure to sunlight or heat or physical exertion in high temperatures. Heatstroke requires emergency treatment as it quickly damages the brain tissues, heart, kidney and muscles. If the treatment is delayed the condition gets worseand increases the chances of serious complications or death. Symptoms include high body temperature, altered mental state or behavior, tachycardia, rapid breathing nausea, vomiting among others.
Heat stroke is a life-threatening condition and requires emergency treatment, from 2006 to 2010 about 3332 deaths were reported attributed to heatstroke in the USA, 58 and 71% mortality rates have been reported for 28-day and 2-year respectively regarding heatstroke. It has been reported that the number of deaths will increase due to climate change. By the year 2050, heat stroke-related deaths are expected to rise nearly 2.5 times from the current annual deaths of approximately 2000.
- Rising average Earth temperature due to global warming has fueled the market growth
- Increasing prevalence of heart and lung disorders is driving the market growth
- Increasing military training and participating in sports, such as football or long-distance running events, in hot weather can lead to heatstroke; this factor further enhances the market growth
- Lack of awareness and first aid knowledge amongst people about heatstroke is hampering the market growth
- Unavailability of skilled professionals for emergency treatment related to heatstroke also acts as a market restraint
- Lack of facilities and emergency departments in remote areas is hindering the market growth
Segmentation: Global Heatstroke Treatment Market
- Exertional Heat Stroke
- Non-Exertional Heat Stroke
By Mechanism of Action
- Rectal Temperature
- Blood Test
- Urine Test
- Muscle Function Test
- Cold Therapy
- Supportive Care
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In March 2017, Eagle Pharmaceuticals, Inc received the Priority Review designation for its novel drug Ryanodex (dantrolene sodium) for the treatment of exertional heat stroke (EHS) from the U.S FDA. There is currently no approved drug for the treatment of heatstroke. Ryanodex (dantrolene sodium) already received a fast track designation from the U.S FDA, these designations will help the company for early approval of this drug and if approved it will be the first drug therapy for EHS
- In January 2017, Eagle Pharmaceuticals, Inc completed the New Drug Application (NDA) submission for Ryanodex (dantrolene sodium) to the U.S. FDA for the treatment of exertional heat stroke (EHS). There is currently no approved drug for the treatment of heatstroke and if this is drug approved it will offer a new standard of care for this serious and life-threatening condition
Global heatstroke treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of heatstroke treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global heatstroke treatment market are Mankind Pharma, Eagle Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Otsuka Holdings Co. Ltd, Medisim, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Novartis AG, DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Abbott, AstraZeneca, ALLERGAN, Patanjali Ayurved, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd among others.
Research Methodology: Global Heatstroke Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global heatstroke treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.