Global Hepatorenal Syndrome Market By Type (Type 1 Hepatorenal Syndrome, Type 2 Hepatorenal Syndrome, Others), Diagnosis (Complete Blood Cell Count, Liver Function Tests, Urinalysis and Urine Electrolytes, Others), Medication (Vasopressin Analogues, Sympathomimetic Agents, Plasma Volume Expanders, Others), Surgical Therapies (Peritoneovenous Shunting, Surgical Shunts, Liver Transplantation, Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable and Others), End Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis: Global Hepatorenal Syndrome Market
Global hepatorenal syndrome market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2020-2027. The rise in the market growth can be attributed to the factor such as prevailing cases of liver cirrhosis which mainly occurs due to the constriction of blood vessels providing nutrient supply to the kidneys, leading further to kidney dysfunction.
Market Definition: Global Hepatorenal Syndrome Market
Hepatorenal syndrome is a condition that is characterized by progressive renal failure in patients with chronic liver diseases. The renal failure causes accumulation of toxins in body that results in liver damage. It is also known as functional form of kidney impairment. The symptoms of the disease include yellowing of skin, enlarged liver and spleen.
The exact incidence of hepatorenal syndrome is unknown due to lack of proper diagnosis, but approximately 8-10% people with ascites and cirrhosis are reported to be positive for hepatorenal syndrome, worldwide. The rate of incidence of these diseases are equal in males and females.
- Rising incidence rate of hepatorenal syndrome drives the market growth
- Rising geriatric population and occurance of disease also uplifts the market growth
- Increasing government initiatives and fundings for development of therapies for diseases like hepatorenal syndrome will boost up the market growth
- Increasing consumption of unhealthy food and drinks such as alcohol is another factor for this market growth
- High cost associated with research and development of new drugs and therapies will restrict the market growth
- Late and inaccurate diagnosis and inappropriate treatment of the disease will also hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Hepatorenal Syndrome Market
- Type 1 Hepatorenal Syndrome
- Type 2 Hepatorenal Syndrome
- Complete Blood Cell Count
- Liver Function Tests
- Urinalysis and Urine Electrolytes
- Vasopressin Analogues
- Sympathomimetic Agents
- Plasma Volume Expanders
- Peritoneovenous Shunting
- Surgical Shunts
- Liver Transplantation
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2019, Mallinckrodt announced positive top-line results of the pivotal Phase 3 study of terlipressin, a potent vasopressin used for treatment of patients with hepatorenal syndrome.This clinical trial results can suggest that terlipressin can significantly benefit for patients suffering from hepatorenal syndrome
- In November 2018, BioVie Inc. received Orphan Drug designation from the U. S. FDA for BIV201 (terlipressin), a new drug candidate for treatment of patients with hepatorenal syndrome (HRS) and refractory ascites due to liver cirrhosis. This drug candidate is in phase IIa clinical trial for safety and efficacy studies. The grant of Orphan Drug designation will provide 7 years of market exclusivity to the company and earliest FDA marketing approval to the drug
Global hepatorenal syndrome market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of hepatorenal syndrome market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global hepatorenal syndrome market are Mallinckrodt, BioVie Inc., La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company, Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Inc., Orphan Therapeutics, Noorik Biopharmaceuticals, PharmaIN, Corp among others
Research Methodology: Global Hepatorenal Syndrome Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global hepatorenal syndrome market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players