Global Herpes Zoster Drug Market By Drug (Anti-Viral Agents, Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Analgesics, Anticonvulsants Agents, Corticosteroids, Tricyclic Antidepressants, Antihistamines and Others), Vaccine (Zostavax, Shingrix and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Topical, Intravenous and Others), Distribution Channel (Online Pharmacy, Direct Tenders (Retailers and Others), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Herpes Zoster Drug Market
Global herpes zoster drug market is growing at a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing exposure to ultraviolet radiation which may suppress the cell-mediated immunity, which is a major factor responsible for the growing incidence of herpes zoster and patients being treated for cancer and affected with advanced HIV infection are at a greater risk of developing herpes zoster, which is expected to boost the growth of the global herpes zoster drug market.
Market Definition: Global Herpes Zoster Drug Market
Herpes zoster also known as shingles, it is a viral infection, characterized by a painful rashes over the skin, rashes can occur anywhere on the body but it most commonly appears as a single stripe of blisters on the abdomen or backside of the body. Herpes zoster is caused by reactivation of the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. Older adults and individuals with weak immune system are at greater risk of having herpes zoster. Signs and symptoms include one-sided stabbing pain, headache, tingling, itching, nausea, body aches, and fluid-filled blistering red rash, typically on the abdomen or face.
According to the Centers for disease control and prevention, US the annual incidence rate of herpes zoster in US population is approximately 4 cases per 1,000 persons. The annual incidence rate among people 60 years of age and older is about 10 cases per 1,000 US populations. There are one million estimated cases of herpes zoster in the United States annually. Increasing exposure of ultraviolet radiation and certain chemical substances which deteriorates the immunity system acts as a major contributing factor for the incidence of herpes zoster.
· Increase in exposure to ultraviolet radiations and harmful chemicals is boosting the market growth
· Increasing prevalence of cancer and HIV infection is driving the market growth
· Vulnerable aging population as they highly prone to herpes zoster viral infection can also act as a market driver
· Rising awareness amongst people about the herpes zoster and its treatment is acting as a catalyst to market growth
· Low healthcare expenditure in developing regions is hampering the market growth
· High cost of antibodies is restraining vaccination drive in developing economies
· Weak pipeline for herpes zoster is restraining the market growth
· High cost-containment measures undertaken by governments along with the ongoing healthcare reforms are hampering the market growth.
Segmentation: Global Herpes Zoster Drug Market
- · Anti-Viral Agents
- · Anti-Inflammatory Agents
- · Analgesics
- · Anticonvulsants Agents
- · Corticosteroids
- · Tricyclic Antidepressants
- · Antihistamines
- · Others
- · Zostavax
- · Shingrix
- · Others
By Route of Administration
- · Oral
- · Topical
- · Intravenous
- · Others
By Distribution Channel
- · Online Pharmacy
- · Direct Tenders
- · Retailers
- · Others
By End Users
- · Hospitals
- · Homecare
- · Specialty Clinics
- · North America
- · Europe
· Rest of Europe
- · Asia-Pacific
· South Korea
· Rest of Asia Pacific
- · South America
· Rest of South America
- · Middle East & Africa
· South Africa
· Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market]
· In May 2019, GlaxoSmithKline plc is developing herpes zoster subunit vaccine (GSK1437173A) for the treatment of herpes zoster (shingles). This vaccine is currently under phase lll clinical trial. It will be indicated for the prevention of herpes zoster (shingles) in adults aged 50 years and older. Currently available vaccines are contraindicated in specific subgroups of people, but this vaccine has a potential to provide long-term immunogenicity to all groups of people
· In October 2017, GlaxoSmithKline plc received the US FDA approval for Shingrix vaccine for the treatment of herpes zoster. Shingrix is a zoster vaccine recombinant, adjuvanted vaccine against the virus that causes herpes zoster. Shingrix is specifically indicated for the prevention of herpes zoster (shingles) in adults aged 50 years and older and post-herpetic neuralgia (long-lasting nerve pain following shingles)
Global herpes zoster drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of herpes zoster drug market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global herpes zoster drug market are GlaxoSmithKline plc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Pfizer Inc, Novartis AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Sanofi, Merck & Co., Inc, Pfizer Inc, AstraZeneca, Abbott, Astellas Pharma Inc, NAL Pharma, TSRL, Inc, GeneOne Life Science, Beijing Minhai Biotechnology Co., Ltd, Foamix Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Maruho Co.,Ltd., Sinovac Biotech Ltd, Hepion Pharmaceuticals, CELGENE CORPORATION and others.
Research Methodology: Global Herpes Zoster Drug Market:
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
· Current and future of global herpes zoster drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
· The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
· Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
· The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.