Global Hidradenitis Suppurativa Treatment Market By Clinical Stages (Hurley stage 1, Hurley stage 2, Hurley stage 3), Treatment Type (Medication, Surgery and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Topical and Others), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Hidradenitis Suppurativa Treatment Market
Global hidradenitis suppurativa treatment market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The global hidradenitis suppurativa treatment market is supposed to grow faster during the forecast period as a large number of ongoing clinical trial and introduction of new treatment options.
Market Definition: Global Hidradenitis Suppurativa Treatment Market
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a long-term skin condition that is very painful and can cause abscesses and scarring on the skin. The most common sign of this disease is formation of painful lumps and tunnels under the skin most commonly in the areas of apocrine sweat glands under the arms, inner the thighs. It is also known as acne inversa.
According to an article published in British Medical Journal, the prevalence of hidradenitis suppurativa is estimated to be 1-4% worldwide. Occurrence of HS in women is three times more common than men. The changes in lifestyle of people towards smoking and obesity and presence of other environments factors that increases the vulnerability of skin diseases like HS are the drivers for growth of hidradenitis suppurativa treatment market.
- Prevailing cases of various skin disorders will drive the growth of this market
- Ongoing clinical trials along with introduction of new treatment options will boost the market growth
- Growing investment in R&D activities along with technological advancement can also boost the market growth
- Environmental changes due to global warming has increased the skin diseases and is contributing as one of the growth factor
- A weak pipeline of drugs restrains the growth of market as most of drugs are in phase II clinical trials indicating a less chance of approval
- High cost of therapy along with chances of side-effects can also hamper the market growth
- Development of drug resistance to many agents used for treatment of Hidradenitis suppurativa can impede the growth of this market also disturbs the market growth
Segmentation: Global Hidradenitis Suppurativa Treatment Market
By Clinical Stages
- Hurley stage 1
- Hurley stage 2
- Hurley stage 3
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, InflaRx reported the outcomes of the international SHINE phase IIb study conducted for safety and efficacy study of IFX-1, a first-in-class anti-human complement factor C5a monoclonal antibody used for the treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa (HS). Approximately more than 150 people are treated with this drug during the clinical study period
- In March 2019, AbbVie Inc. and Eisai Co., Ltd received additional approval for Humira, an anti-TNF-α monoclonal antibody for treatment of hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) in Japan. The efficacy and safety studies of humira have shown positive results towards management of hidradenitis suppurativa. With the additional approval, Humira will be the first biological treatment for HS in japan after US and EU
Global hidradenitis suppurativa treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global hidradenitis suppurativa treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global hidradenitis suppurativa treatment market are AbbVie Inc., Novartis AG, TARGET PharmaSolutions, Inc., Eisai Co., Ltd, Abbott, ALLERGAN, AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Pfizer Inc., Mylan N.V., LEO Pharma A/S, Zydus Cadila, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Hidradenitis Suppurativa Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global hidradenitis suppurativa treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players