Global High Altitude Platforms Market By Product (Airships, UAV, Tethered Aerostat Systems), Payload (Communication Systems, Navigation Systems, Surveillance Systems, EO/IR Systems), Application (Commercial, Government & Defense, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global High Altitude Platforms Market
Global high altitude platforms market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 6.87 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing levels of terrorism globally and a rise in the levels of illegal trafficking.
Market Definition: Global High Altitude Platforms Market
High altitude platforms are technological stations that are present at an altitude of 20-50 km from a specific point on Earth. The different applications/usage of these platforms is the basis for their segregation such as telecommunications, surveillance & intelligence, real-time monitoring, weather & environmental monitoring and rocket-launch platforms.
- Provision of wider coverage area of network with reduced costing as compared to satellites; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Rise in the expenditure incurred by governments of various authorities for the procurement of technologically advanced defense services; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Advancements of technology leading to development and commercialization of solar-powered HAP systems providing a long-term solution to the users; this factor is expected to drive the market growth
- Requirement of large costs associated with the manufacturing and maintenance of these systems once deployed as they are exposed to difficult environmental conditions
- Lack of skilled workforce and professionals required for production and maintenance of these systems is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global High Altitude Platforms Market
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
- Tethered Aerostat Systems
- Communication Systems
- Navigation Systems
- Surveillance Systems
- Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Systems
- Government & Defense
- Space Port
- Environmental Monitoring
- Time Synchronization
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Airbus S.A.S. announced that they had been successful in completing the testing of their stratospheric 4G/5G defence applications with the help of high-altitude balloon demonstration. The technology termed as “Airbus LTE AirNode”, this technology is a significant part of Airbus’ “Network for the Sky” (NFTS) project. This communication network system will be able to provide extremely secure network for communications between airborne, ground and marine operations for weeks or even months.
- In June 2017, Thales Alenia Space, result of a joint venture between Thales Group and Leonardo announced that they had acquired a minority share in Airstar. This acquisition will help in further augmenting the technology and advancing the “Stratobus” project launched by Thales Alenia Space. The “Stratobus” project is an autonomous HAPS (High Altitude Platform System) type airship, prototype of which is expected to be ready by 2020.
Global high altitude platforms market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of high altitude platforms market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global high altitude platforms market are Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.; TCOM, L.P.; ILC Dover; Lindstrand Technologies Limited; Lockheed Martin Corporation; Raytheon Company; Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd.; Northrop Grumman Corporation; AeroVironment, Inc.; Thales Group; Airbus S.A.S. and Aeros.
Research Methodology: Global High Altitude Platforms Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved